XP mic help

• lilmiznetnerd
  • Born
  • Born
  • lilmiznetnerd
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there!! my name is emma n i'm new here. just wondered if anyone could give me a hand with mic help. i've read another thread on this same topic but not a sinle solution worked for me...

i did have a mic connected a little while ago and it worked (though not too well) but i got a new one and it just won't work (and neither will my old one so i know it's not the mic).

i don't have the speech recognition tab in the speech section, but i did DL the speech recognition driver and installed it from microsoft, but still can't get it.

mute is not on, everything is connected properly and i can't get even the littlest movement in sound recorder... HELP!! :cry:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you can try and get hold of a PCI sound card (around £5-10 thats about $20) with that you will be able to see if its the hardware or software . i use a peice of software called sound affect for a internal AC97 chip set this tell me if i have speakers or a mic connected . i dont know if this software is free but you be able to see if the PC reconises that there is a mic connected!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts