Mic Problem

• Barron
  • Born
  • Born
  • Barron

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey I thought I finally should register on these forums.. I read them quite often trying to soak up as much as I could but now I actually have a question of my own..

I recently upgraded my computer. Board, Processor, Video card, case.. about everything except the hard drive. I just use the build-in sound inside my motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -m61sme-s2

I play video games when I get the chance and I usually hook up my headset to use. Since I've had this new computer, my mic's been having a bit of a problem though. It starts out normal volume. Perfect. But after about 3 words it fades to the point that it sounds completely muffled, like I'm trying to talk after taking a huge bite of food or something. I don't know.. I'm not exactly on the receiving end.. Well, I thought maybe my mic was getting just a little old (Which it was anyways) so I went and bought myself a new one.. $30 logitech headset. I seem to have the same problem with this mic too. (oh, I use ventrilo if that matters in any way and it's direct sound)I understand all of the volume stuff about mics but I have no idea what to do when the volume starts out fine then gets worse as you talk. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate the help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

When that happens, open the task manager and check out the CPU. process and performance tabs. Try to find out what's draining it. Also, look at the event viewer.
  • wonderland
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: P.R.China

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe there's some auto volume adjusting mechanism which can be swiched in the software installed with the sound drivers?
my suggestion is to check control panel for that trick ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts