MODEM/ROUTER TO VPN ROUTER

• amarth
  • Born
  • Born
  • amarth

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi this is my first post, so hopefully i get some help.
I want to set up a vpn router/switch to get access to network from a remote location. This is my configutation.

modem/router some computers are connected directely to the switch part of this modem. (it is a modem, router ans switch all in one) ipaddress: 192.168.1.xxx for the all the computer connected to this m/r/switch.

VPN router and switch: This vpon router is connected to the modem and some other computers are connected to switch portion of this vpn router/switch. However, its ip address is 192.168.0.1 so the computers connected to this router are in the 192.168.0.xxx range.

My problem is that I cannot ping or access share folders or even use remote destop from the computers connected to the modem router/switch to the computers connected to the vpn router/switch

I know I should use the vpn router only instead of the other router; however, that other routers is the a modem too. that is the modem I got from the ISP. I don;t see any way to disable the router fuction to use it as a modem only. it has an external ip address as any other modem, but asigns an internl ip address to the network.

How can i make computers connected to a router communicate with others computers that are connected to a different routers and with a different ip address rangein other words:

(computer1)(192.168.1.6)----->|modem/router/switch all in one|(192.168.1.XXX Range)------->|Router B|(192.168.0.xxx Range)------->(Computer B)(192.168.0.5)

I try to set both routers in the same ip range, but that cause problems. I wanna be able to connect to the vpn portion of the routers too.

Thank you, Please help me, for my friend really need me to help him with this.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't need the second router. The VPN goes through the router from the ISP.
  • amarth
  • Born
  • Born
  • amarth

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is basically a hardware vpn server, and not a software vpn server. It is supposed to be able to receive 254 vpn sessions. I know I can use windows vpn server or even openvpn; however, I don;t want to have a pc on all the time for that purpose. That is wy i got the vpn server, which is a router and a switch too

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts