Monitor Cable TV on Computer monitor

  • teevguy
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • teevguy
  • Posts: 11

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Sony CPD G500 21" computer monitor. It has a switch for either computer or external monitoring. The external inputs are female BNC and consist of R, G, B, HD and VID. I purchased an RCA to BNC male adaptor and took the RCA video out from my TV. Nothing appeared on the screen????

  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1893
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

What you are refering to is called RGBHV, and is essentially the same as the VGA connector on the back of the monitor. It's the same signal, just different connectors.
You cannot simply plug an adaptor onto an RCA cable and expect it to work.
Most computer monitors cannot be used to watch TV without first converting the NTSC TV signal to RGB.

This page will probably help you a bit:

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum

© 1998-2017. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.