Monitor Color problem

• bilalahmad
  • Born
  • Born
  • bilalahmad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I'm new to these forums....not sure if this particular problem was asked before.....

I have a Samsung SyncMaster950b - 19inch.
It's almost a year old, bought brand new.

Anyways, today I was working on a setting up a new computer - after I had finished with the computer and had taken it off the monitor and setup my regular system my monitor started showing off a strange color within the screen.

My monitor doesn't seem to display any "Red". Everything is a light blueish-green hue. If I look at a image that I know has the color red in it - it will look like a blue-green.

I've checked the monitor settings - nothing seems to be wrong with them.
I've checked the PIN - they're all in tact - none seem to be missing.

I've tested the monitor on two different computers - same issue.

It was working fine earlier today.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • darkthroniar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi bilalahmad

i think is your vga cable, sometimes it's can bamage from the monitor inside, if you looked at the pins and thad don't helped you with your problem, try moving diferent parts of your vga cable and you see that the color apears..
  • kartook
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kartook
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
i might not be help but have you tryed deguass? because you might have accedentaly presed a magnet against it but you dont have to listen to me im crap at pc's :)
  • darkthroniar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi kartook, maybe degauss can help, but he lose one color, the red color of her monitor, i had a monitor that lose the blue color and the problen was in the conection of the board and the vga cable ..
  • kartook
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kartook
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

is it possible to get new vga card//cable if not new monitor i got 20 odd u want 1?
  • celebi
  • Born
  • Born
  • celebi

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't know where to post and looking at this looks almost like my problem and i really need help T_T
i just reinstalled windows 2k again, and now the monitor's all weird with really bad graphics and odd screen with lots of dots on it. a lot of colors aren't shown either. it says i don't have a video controller (vga compatible) thingie installed, and i don't know where to get one.
so any help would be appreciated, thanks
  • darkthroniar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi celebi

you sould try http://www.driversplanet.com or http://www.driversguide.com

hope that can help you :)
  • SimonTemplar
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

your cable must be damaged
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

celebi --
darkthroniar is correct. You need to install your graphics drivers and then you'll be able to adjust your colors to a higher resolution. I've found in the past that if you do a Windows update, it will generally detect that you need updated drivers and supply a fairly current one. You can also usually download them from the manufacturer's website as well.

I would try Windows update first. It's usually the easiest way.
  • SimonTemplar
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW

but he mentioned that he tried this monitor with some other PCs and the output is the same?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SimonTemplar wrote:
ATNO/TW

but he mentioned that he tried this monitor with some other PCs and the output is the same?

I wasn't answering the original question. I was answering celebi's question. He just reinstalled Windows 2000. When you do that, your graphics drivers are not installed by default and the best screen resolution you can achieve is 640x480 at 256 colors. Until he installs the correct graphics drivers for his card he won't be able to get beyond that. His problem is unrelated to the first one. In my opinion the first problem is one of the color guns went bad and the monitor needs to be replaced. Not worth fixing as cheap as monitors are these days. I've lost two monitors in the last ten years the same way. When a color gun is shot - throw it away and buy a new one.
  • darkthroniar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's correct ATNO/TW

the easy way to fix if is throw it away and buy a new one :P, i say him what try to check the vga cables...

bilalahmad if you have a little knowledge of electronics try with a multimeter and check the vga cable.. It's hard bud possible that one of the color guns don't work like ATno/TW says :).
  • sp00f
  • Born
  • Born
  • sp00f

Post 3+ Months Ago

my dell monitor has red and green spots. one big red spot in top left angle of the screen, other green big spot is in right top angle. what is it and what to do?[/img]

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts