Monitor problems

• beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a 3 year old monitor on my old computer and all of a sudden while i was listening to music it shut off and the little light turned out. I pressed the on button and the light came back on but nothing showed up on the screen and the light turned off again after 3 seconds. Theres nothing wrong with my computer cause i tried a different monitor on it and it worked. Could my monitor have died? it's 3 years old, how long do monitors usualy last?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah yes your monitor is dead :(
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did ANYTHING else happen immediately before the "monitor outage?" If so, post it and it might help. A lot of the time static electricity builds up inside the monitor and it finally strikes something. If you know anything about ESD then you know that it means bad things. I would take it to an electrician and see what they come up with. It happens a lot to people who leave their monitors on 24/7/365(366 on a leap yr.)/80 years of their life. lol.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The last two monitors I had to replace did exactly the same thing. Never bothered to find out what caused it. It was easier just to replace them than worry about it.
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok thanks.. thank god it was my old computer's monitor and not my 19" 1600X1280 monitor

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts