Monitor Problems

• Rummynose
  • Born
  • Born
  • Rummynose

Post 3+ Months Ago

Monitor starting freezing in "sleep mode" several weeks ago and now seems to be in sleep mode when I turn the computer on. Last night we rebooted many times but could not get any response from the monitor. Over the past few weeks, when not frozen, the monitor appeared fine.

Any suggestions?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

turn your monitor off. unplug it from the computer and the power bar. Then plug it all back in. If that doesnt work you may have the power control times too low. Go to start/control panel/display then click the screen saver tab then power. In the "turn off monitor area" change the time to something longer, mine is set at 25 minutes. i hope this helps
  • Rummynose
  • Born
  • Born
  • Rummynose

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the advice. Tried the unplug/replug but did not work. Monitor appeared to be responding to the power (light went from amber to green) as well as the computer turning on and off. However, still no picture.

As far as your other instructions, how would I change the power control times without being able to see the panel? Should I find an alternate monitor to make my way through?

Thanks,
  • ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

So now the display won't come up at all? Have you tried the monitor on another computer? Have you tried another monitor on that computer? Also, if you are having problems with the monitor coming back on when it goes into sleep mode, you might want to consider disabling sleep mode.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

do you see anything on the monitor before it boots into windows?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm thinking disable hibernation
  • Rummynose
  • Born
  • Born
  • Rummynose

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry for the absence, can't get on at home (monitor) and too busy at work.

Okay, current situation is that the screen is always black but the power light seems to respond to the computer. Haven't tried the monitor on another machine or another monitor on mine. The only option I have in that department is bringing home my laptop from the office and hooking my home monitor to it. I'll give that a try.

A couple of you suggested "disabling sleep mode or hibernation". How can I go about trying that with no monitor view? Is there a list of keystrokes I can try?

Thanks for the continued assistance.
  • ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the monitor is coming up all black but the power light is on, the problem might be with the computer's video card and not the monitor.

Not sure about disabling hibernation without being able to see what you're doing, sorry.

At this point I think that it's important that you try the monitor on another computer.
  • dtlr
  • Born
  • Born
  • dtlr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi group,

I'm having the same problem in which the monitor on my laptop seems to be stuck in "sleep" mode. I thought there was a key stroke that disables the monitor. Has anyone heard of that? Something like shift F5?

DTLR
  • Dark Civilian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dark Civilian

Post 3+ Months Ago

ive had the same problem you computer turns on but ur monitor dosent. well the problem wiv my computer was tht the motherboard has burnt out!! and we had to replace it!!?! so tht may be ur problem or u cud jus remove all drivers and re install them?? hey i think it ur motherboard.

Dark Civilian

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts