monitor remains on standby

• DA6PAKI
  • Born
  • Born
  • DA6PAKI

Post 3+ Months Ago

had a big problem wdi my computer recently. nothing shows up on the monitor. i was using it 1 day wen it went dark and blurry show thought id restart, ever since it hasnt worked.

ive tried everything in the book, i checked da screen on another pc AND IT WORKED, put a working video card in 2 my pc and connect 2 dat and it didnt work. tried using a different wire and it still did not work. then i went and bought a new motherboard and processor and guess wat it still doesnt work. now wat left is the ram that i havent changed so i borrowed a friends ram and tried that and it still doesnt work. so finally is it the PSU i need 2 change?

now the thing is all the fans power up and run fine, so how could it be the psu? also the old psu gives out 450w and is 12v so it is enuf 2 power the new e6300 processor ive gt in der.

wat shud i do?

ps i jus bought a new monitor from pcworld that works on a mates computer but not mine
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the fans are running but you still think that it could be overheating, open the case and put a table fan on it. If that doesn't help, it's still possible that the PSU is shot. If all that fails, then I would start to look at the mother board.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try removing all of your ram and just putting one stick in and let it try to boot then shutdown and add another and continue until all are in.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

if your monitor is running form the psu try getting another lead and plugging it straight in to the mains on see if it works

if it does then it is your psu
  • Chip Jo
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are only two possible causes for your problem (one mentioned by deathblade).
The other one is the lead itself, it can be broken. Replace the lead and good luck.

Ps: If the problem is the power supply it can be repaired very easily

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts