monitors

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

What brand and size monitor does everybody have? I have a ViewSonic A90 19 inch. Set at 1600 X 1200 resolution.

poly
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dell D1226H 19" set at 1600x1200...
umm... can I just brag for a second that I got it for 25bucks...
but then I did carry it from the Upper East side (in the 90s) all the way to Brooklyn on foot and train...
but dang was it worth it!

peace.
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Same Dell, got it for free from some firm...
  • ozzyosb100
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

roarmeow wrote:
Dell D1226H 19" set at 1600x1200...
umm... can I just brag for a second that I got it for 25bucks...
but then I did carry it from the Upper East side (in the 90s) all the way to Brooklyn on foot and train...
but dang was it worth it!

peace.

damn - thats all i gota say
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

KDS Visual Sensations 22" at 1600x1200 85hz

Until they can make a LCD monitor that can support the resolution I want (1600x1200 or better), pixel response time I want (<10ms) at a price I want (<$300), I'll stick with the good old CRT.

Oh yeah, I also have an old NEC (Circa 1987) 22" CRT that does 800x600, but the thing is a MONSTER. The screen bulge is incredible since they didn't make flat screens back then, it weighs a TON and is actually deeper than it is wide. It's about 20" wide but it's 25" deep, lol. It still works perfectly, and I can't bring myself to get rid of it, even though it weighs more than my 36" zenith TV.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

damn that sounds like a beast. I am currently looking at a ViewSonic 21" LCD monitor. It has everything science wants except for the price. I think its around 1200 or 1300. Its expensive, but if you spend as much time on a comp as i do its worth it. I get really bad migrane head achs because i spend too much time on a crt.

poly
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly, and anyone else who's interested...

a good friend of mine who works at a stock photography company turned me onto this...

every 1/2 hour to an hour spend five minutes looking at stuff that's really far away and bringing it into focus with your eyes...

really mitigates the whole "damn, working on a computer really fscks my whole head up" factor...

check it out... give it a shot... really worth while, in the long-term, too, so you can read yer grandkids books n'at....

peace.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got 2.

Samsung 910T 19"
Samsung 240T 24"
  • predator
  • Born
  • Born
  • predator

Post 3+ Months Ago

i got a 17 inch mag lcd screen
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't get headaches looking at the monitor, and have never had problems, but I might add that when I'm NOT looking at a monitor, I pay really close attention to the details of my surroundings. For instance, if I'm in line to get into a restaurant, I will notice that the bench out front has 3 back rungs, and one of them is cracked. I will notice that the top hinge on the left front door is rusted more than the others, etc. That's just my nature. Visually, I focus on the minutae.
  • The1
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ScienceOfSpock wrote:

Until they can make a LCD monitor that can support the resolution I want (1600x1200 or better), pixel response time I want (<10ms) at a price I want (<$300), I'll stick with the good old CRT.

i was the same eventually i went 2 lcd's side by side, great res and no plastic between them really. Still not perfect but pretty darn good

17" LG L1710B 16ms LCD 1280x1024
17" Benq FP767 12ms LCD 1280x1024

or horizontal stretch 1920x1440
  • Flux
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hyundai ImageQuest 19'' CRT, which i got form just £120!

LCD's are just to expensive at the moment, you can get a 3" larger CRT for the same money or less, theres no ccompetition though now that response times are about equal if you've got the money its a good investment.......
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The1 wrote:
ScienceOfSpock wrote:

i was the same eventually i went 2 lcd's side by side, great res and no plastic between them really. Still not perfect but pretty darn good

17" LG L1710B 16ms LCD 1280x1024
17" Benq FP767 12ms LCD 1280x1024

or horizontal stretch 1920x1440

What's the response time on those? I'm a gamer at heart, and if they won't refresh without ghosting, I don't want them :)
  • The1
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

it says it in the quote. The LG is excelent no ghosting at all.
  • GSlinger
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh yeah u guys!! hp pavilion mx70!! lol i cant afford anything else. i could barely afford the computer as it is let alone anything nice for it lol
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a LCD 19" Sony

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts