3 monitors on 1 vid card?

• draderman
  • Born
  • Born
  • draderman

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey all lookin fer a lil help here

i have an x800gto that has a dvi, svideo, and a vga port. i want to run 2 monitors on my desktop + have a third output to my tv but i dont know how to get the system to recognize all three. when there all hooked up the svideo is disabled and i cant find anything in xp or ati software that will enable it

thx all
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• draderman
  • Born
  • Born
  • draderman

Post 3+ Months Ago

k ive got the 3 enabled now but now i cant figure out how to mirror montor 1 with 2 and extend my desktop to the tv. eventually id like to play cssorce on my primary and have my desktop on monitor 2 and extended desktop on the tv

my brain hurts
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, kudos on getting all 3 to work. I thought it had a limitation to 2 displays per monitor.

The ATI control panel has a plethora of ways to play around. I am not big on ATI so I never played with it too much. I used to have 4 21" CRT's connected to two 6600GT's but I am making the move to a 30" lcd as soon as I can.
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, 30" LCDs. Drool.

Anyway, yeah. I'm not sure it's possible to run 3 monitors like that. They usually have 3 different outputs so you can run a monitor and a TV if you wanted to, or go dual screen. I wouldn't know; I have a Radeon 9200 with a 19" CRT. Ancient, I know. Upgrading soon.

I'd suggest getting another video card to run the TV and the 2nd monitor anyway; even if you could run 3 monitors you'd be splitting your video memory into thirds and then playing a high-requirement game on one of them. Probably won't work very well.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

At work I have the HP 1940 19" LCD, Dell 1905FP 19" LCD and the Dell 1907FP 19" LCD. Most I have on one computer are two 1905FP's connected to a dual monitor KVM connected to two workstations. One with an nVidia Quadro and one with a 7800GTX.

Then I have a HP 1940 on my tablet pc's docking station and a 1907FP connected to a 8 port avocent kvm.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts