Motherboard infected?

• sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: sydney australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

well its kinda too late, cuz the store has it.. lol.. and with the hard drive thing.. i plugged my hard drive into the other comp, and it still didnt work, but i couldnt put the hard drive into my comp cuz mine is much older.

Its ok.. im not gettin charged =P
  • kinnerdesign
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm that seems really strange, cant see the logic in that, shop says its your motherboard because of your CPU :S that does not make sense to me at all, and I never put things in the motherboard first either, always place it in the case first, then add parts to it once its securely in place.

You know I really don't trust computer shops lately now I really don't trust them, and why you cant have it back for a few weeks is also a bit weird especially if there not doing anything to it.

Glad to see your getting somewhere though :)
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well apparently they need to repair the motherboard..

Im ok with waiting a few weeks lol.. just as long as i aint payin!

(thats the jew coming out of me =P)

And while im still here, id like to thank everybody for their help =)

THANK YOU! =)
  • kinnerdesign
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

so there fixing the motherboard for free o.0 really odd

good luck :)
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is a B.S. reason something really fishy about this store, it makes no difference when you connect the CPU. And if it was damage due to user error like they claim why are they not charging you for it?

Something is very wrong here.
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well its the biggest hardware source store here. All the computer shops buy/order the parts from them.

They arent charging because it had warrenty. And they were gonna charge me for the re-assembling. And i told them i can do that myself, so its all free of charge. I don't know.

Its a really big company.

Who knows, who cares! lol..

But yeah, really i dont know.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

They're right in suggesting that the CPU be installed prior to installing the mobo into the case.

When the motherboard is in place on the standoffs, the PC board can be stressed when pushing the heat sink retaining tabs down...when the board is on a solid surface (even with foam to protect the back surface), there is a lot less chance of damaging the board because it has less chance to flex when pushing the metal tabs down.

The systems I've built have had the CPU/heatsink, RAM and jumpers set before the motherboard is placed into the case.

Others have their own opinions of course, but when it comes to potentially flexing the motherboard, why take the risk...there's no risk in partially assembling the parts.

Unless you drop it of course :shock:
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone.. great news! Got the pc back today.. bad news: i cant find my MB driver cd!
Anyone know where i can get the cd contents for Asus P5B-E - 965?
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try the asus web site
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i was on there.. ive looked through a million sites.. the asus site is screwed up... i don't know why...
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try here...
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

I used Google to find a direct link to the downloads page, just put your model number into the selector and you should be set.
  • kinnerdesign
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cold Canuck wrote:
Try here...
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

I used Google to find a direct link to the downloads page, just put your model number into the selector and you should be set.

I already tried that for her and I assume she did too because of "asus site is messed up" because if you actually fill that information out the page will never load or it didn't for me.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

And the battery?
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, i was on that site before.. and i put in my model details and stuff, and the page timed out.. every time....

Grrr, this is so frustrating

UPSGuy wrote:
And the battery?

?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry...heh...was goin off pg. 1

Quote:
The systems I've built have had the CPU/heatsink, RAM and jumpers set before the motherboard is placed into the case.

Done any brackets underneath the mobo? Water cooling? Not always possible. IMHO, if you're flexing the mobo on install, you've got factory parts, including factory clips (requiring the infernal pushing you describe) & factory thermal compound. That's a starting point for ANY custom build if you don't want the mobo to crap out as did here.
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well its not really a problem anymore =P i got the pc back yesterday, and its fixed and everything, but i have another problem, i cant find the driver cd that came with the MB.. and the asus site really sucks ass =(
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progSearch

don't use the form or google search...in the top right, theres a search with a mag. glass...type in 'asus p5b e 965' and see what you can find.

Originating search here
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, i tried looking on all the drivers sites i could find, and i found one driver.. but its a .rom ? what the hell do i do with that?!
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is PC Probe? I found something, that is like 10MB's

ASUS PC Probe II V1.04.05 Install Program for Windows 2000/XP/2003 and Windows 64bit XP/2003.

Could that possibly be what i need? Im downloading it anyways.. but im not 100% sure
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Publisher Description

Monitor fan rotation, voltage and temperature among other things.

Additionally, it gives system information such as hard disk space, memory usage, CPU type and processor speed.

After installation, the application resides in the taskbar and provides audio warning through the PC speakers if certain thresholds such as temperature and voltage have been exceeded.

If your system is overclocked, remember to raise the appropriate warning limits or face frequent warning pop-ups.

Sounds like a nice util for AFTER you get it up and goin.

As for the .rom, it's a BIOS flash - look here

I must be off to bed! Graveyard shift ahead of me. :( Good luck!
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, that sounds scary, if i have the wrong one, i can disable the computer =S im not gonna take chances on that.. i wouldnt even know how to do it.

The driver file that i downloaded:
ASUS Ai Suite V1.01.17 for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista and for Windows 64bit XP/2003/Vista

(the other one was a corrupt file)
Its 7megs, i extracted the file, and it has some setup files.. but im scared that it would be the worng version or something.. do u think i have something to worry about?

The top of the page said it was for my model.. but yeah, im just a little worried.. do u think it'll be ok?
  • sexcbubz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

FANTASTIC NEWS EVERYONE!

Everything is complete! Even though i couldnt find the drivers for my brothers pc, i managed to update the usb 1, to usb 2 with service pack 2, that my lovely boyfriend had on his ipod (lol), and then i managed to make a wireless network.. and download the drivers via windows update! i am sooo proud of myself! =D

I AM SO HAPPY!
YAY!

Thank you everyone for your help!
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yay, nice job.
  • Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

sexcbubz wrote:
Well its not really a problem anymore =P i got the pc back yesterday, and its fixed and everything, but i have another problem, i cant find the driver cd that came with the MB.. and the asus site really sucks ass =(

I share with your predicament shella, ASUS did an upgrade in its website a week now. i have problem downlaoding drivers as well. should you give us specific driver need? we might just send u instead. its easier.

(amendments):

please disregard my post. its moot. thats the trouble of helping first before reading the last page :(

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 54 posts