motherboard problem

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, i'm having a bit of a problem.

A couple weeks ago i had 2 gigs of ram 4x 512 mb and it was working fine.. then one day it didn't boot up so i took out one stick making 1.5gb and it worked great but without the 2gb i cant play bf2142 and bf2 comfortably

So i tried putting it in and it boots up but one problem it Stunts my fps like crazy i'm getting 10fps in source when i should be getting 70 or more

I have a 7800gt for a videocard all up to date drivers and the motherboard i have is an
Asus a8n VM

I am really confused i was thinking reformat or just change out the whole motherboard to a Asus a8n sli

And with that would all i have to do is just delete all the drivers for the VM and install the Sli drivers ?

Thx for the help
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before you removed some of the memory, what error message did you get the first time there was a boot problem? What made you decide to remove some of the memory? What are the mobo specs as far as the memory goes?
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

I answered all of ur questions in my post... i said one day it was working fine and then it stopped so i started with the ram like always put 1 in booted fine put 2 in booted fine put 3 in and booted fine but the 4th wouldnt work

So i took out the 3rd and put it in the 4th slot booted fine so the port is fine and then i put the last in the 3rd port and it booted but got some blue screen error

Ram is the same for both mobos
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let me ask my question a different way. The first time that you had a boot problem, how far into the boot sequence did it go? What did you see on the screen when it stopped?
When I have a boot problem, the only time I look at memory is if there is no POST at all.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Was all of the RAM the same brand? Did you install some of the RAM at a later time?
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well all of a sudden i tried to boot it up and Nothing responded nothing on the monitor and my keyboard lights didnt come on (Saitek Gamers keyboard)

And what do u mean installing them at a different time, like when i got them yes i got them on different days and they had worked fine for a while untill a couple weeks ago
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what he is trying to say is, compare all the memory sticks and determine if there are any differences among them. Go to the manufacturer's site of the mobo and make a note of the exact memory specifications.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay well ive got 2 of these
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... EMC-NEXTAG

And the other two im not sure of because they are in my computer working ...
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to remove the other two and compare all of them. There is no way around it and you still have to take the info off of the mobo.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts