Motherboard problem

• Sgt. Pepper
  • Sgt. Pepper

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. Recently i bought new motherboard, asus K8V-XE, with integrated sound card, Realtek ALC660. So the problem is that occasionally, especially when i'm playing a game, sound just goes off, and the tooltip in system tray says "jack has been unplugged". After i restart computer it's all ok. It's really annoying, but maybe it's not software, cause i put the computer together by my self. So maybe i connected something wrong, though i doubt it. Has anyone had the same problem? Any help would be great.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• KunstSammler
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • KunstSammler

Post 3+ Months Ago

No experience with the board, if I had to guess i'd say the connector from the jack to the board is loose and you will either need to solder it back down or return it and get a new board.
  • Annoyed
  • Born
  • Born
  • Annoyed

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just switched to an Intel system and I'm having this problem as well. GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3, Intel Q6600, Windows XP, Realtek ALC883.

My wireless card stops working at the same time, I have to reset to get them both working again.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

my Realtek built in sound card doesn't work as well as it should i have the speakers on full and i only just get a sound out of them so i just used the headfone socket instead lol
  • KunstSammler
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • KunstSammler

Post 3+ Months Ago

deathblade wrote:
my Realtek built in sound card doesn't work as well as it should i have the speakers on full and i only just get a sound out of them so i just used the headfone socket instead lol

What leads you to believe the speakers should be louder? Are you in a loud area to begin with?
  • K-Man
  • Born
  • Born
  • K-Man

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Guys.

I have a Asus M2N-E SLI mother board with the sound card on board. For some reason I am not getting any sound. When I play a Movie that has a 5.1 Sound Iam able to hear it by using Nero player. I am NOT able to control the sound on screen I have to Manually turn it done or turn it up. I was was to play a AVI or anything that is NOT a 5.1 I get to sound.

I do have the disc that came with the motherboard and I did try to install the driver, but its NOT letting me install.

If anyone can please get back to me that would be amazing...if you wish you can also email me at mirzak@rogers.com.

Cheer,
K-Man

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts