Motherboard upgrade

• sigpro552
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sigpro552

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I recently posted about upgrading my PCI (not PCI-e) card, but after deliberating, i realized that i was just wasting my time. Since then i have decided to get a new motherboard (supporting PCI-e), a PCI-e graphics card, and a better power supply. So far i have 2 of the 3 purchased. I got an ATI Radeon X800 XL and a 450w power supply. Now all i need is the motherboard. My computer is a HP m7060n, but the m7070n is the one with the PCI-e board, and uses a Intel 915P Express chipset (i think). Anyways, i have been searching for them online, but im not sure that the ones i am finding from MSI or ASUS will fit my case. I want to keep the TV tuner card i have right now as well as the ethernet card, but the location of the PCI slots on the boards i have seen dont look like they will fit with my case.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you know what model motherboard is in your machine? I believe it's made by ASUS but other than that I'm at a loss. If you can find out the motherboard model, which on Asus boards is usually stamped on the middle somewhere your'll be able to find out what format it is from the Asus website. I've had some experience with HP cases and they tend to be a bit bizarre but I've only ever encountered standard format boards, Micro ATX and ATX. If the worst comes to the worst you can always buy yourself a new case, as you already have a power supply you should be able to pick up a case pretty cheap.
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah... you don't want to gimp yourself by putting an awesome computer in an HP case. That's just wrong.
  • sigpro552
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sigpro552

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha, alright thanks. I belive it is an ATX board, so im guessing any ATX board should be alright.
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any ATX board will be fine :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts