Mouse Freeze

• jonnyc
  • Born
  • Born
  • jonnyc
  • Loc: philly

Post 3+ Months Ago

My computer is a one that i built, and for some reason the mouse keeps freezing.
comp specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2900+ W/ 400MHz FSB (On ASUS A7V600-X Motherboard)
-Motherboard pegs have electric tape between the board and the case to reduce emi
-Raid controllers are not in use
1024MB PC 3200 DDR ram 400MHz
MAD DOG 64mb 8x graphics card
USR56k modem
firewire card
Digital camera, Axim X5, Creative Nomad Xtra, Wireless netword adapter, and a couple other things
Power Supply:
400W Coolmax PS
80 gig hd 7200rpm
120 gig hd 7200 rpm
Sony DVD rom
Iomega 250MB zip drive.

Additional info:
Originally, i had a wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up to the computer, the problem started driving me nuts, so i hooked a wired keyboard and mouse. I found that the computer is still running, it is not frozen, i can use all the hot keys to get around the computer but the mouse is completely gone, until reboot. In games the mouse freezes but not as often and i can get out of the freeze. Sometimes the freeze is perminant and sometimes i can get out of it. I have contacted asus, the rep said try doing the electric tape to limiti emi and increase the power. I am ordering a 680W power supply. Also, the bios states that one of the hard drives are due to fail, but both hard drives are a 4 months old. And I have done a scan disk with error correction and nothing comes up. Does any one have ideas to solve these problems.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post