Mp3 Player Problem. Oh, God, I need help badly.

• iPhoenix
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everyone,

So I was listening to my MP3 Player when the batteries run out... Of course, that is quite typical. So I changed the batteries and turned it on again. But this time, a message popped up that said "Incorrect Format, Reformat the Player!". So, I plug my Mp3 player into the USB port of my computer, went to My Computer and right clicked on Removable Disk (E:.). That's when my computer froze up for about a minute or so. When the drop down window (or whatever it's called) FINALLY appeared, I clicked "Format" but the format window didn't appear. :shock: So now I'm stuck with an MP3 player that doesn't work and I can't format. Are there other ways to format MP3 Players? What should I do to fix this formatting problem? :(

I am also a not very "Tech Smart" person so if you can help me, please give the help info in a simple, non-UBER high tech language. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks! :D -Justin (iPhoenix)

MP3 PLAYER INFO: 256MB USB 2.0 Curtis MP3 Player. S/N: 050548572
Heres a picture: (Sorry if it's a little big and blurry :shock: )
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• iPhoenix
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

So judging by the fact that no-one has replied yet, I assume there is nothing I can do, right? :(
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try section 13 of the manual:

http://www.curtisint.com/html/custservi ... 228_EN.PDF
  • iPhoenix
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I first read the instructions, I was very optimistic these instructions would work. They seemed like they would work like a charm. The instructions were so simple it might just work.

Sadly, my expectations were wrong. These instructions didn't work. :(

lucassix, I thank you to an extreme extent for your attempt at helping me. :D

Were there anymore Curtis MP3 model instructions from the place you got the one above? If so, It would be awesome if you sent them to me. :D

WHY THE INSTRUCTIONS DIDN'T: The Firmware Download thing did not complete download due to some anomynous cause.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts