my music wont play.....someone help me plzzzzzz

• noclue
  • Born
  • Born
  • noclue

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i need help..... can anyone help me out here.....

i am workin on a home comp and for some strange reason whenever i bring up my music player on my comp (windows media player) it will not play anything.... music, videos....... nothin...... i tried downloading a different program (winamp) and it played one song and then it wouldent play any videos or music afterwerds............. i have checked for viruses and i havent found any and im not really familure with how comps work etc. i only kow the basics...... can anyone give me some suggestions on why my music wont play or a suggestion on how to fix this really anoying problem........ someone help me plzzzzz i have been stuck without music for 3 weeks now...... im goin crazy hahahahah
  • HnS9
  • Born
  • Born
  • HnS9

Post 3+ Months Ago

y u dnt try to select all the file format at your winamp or WMP ???it might help.
gud luck
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really don't see how this is a hardware issue. If Winamp played one song, and you heard it without any massive buzzing or squealing then your hardware is most likely functioning correctly.

This is more of a software issue. In the future however, making the post easier to read and understand would be your first step to an answer.

Proper English (as best as you can, we are quite tolerant of people whom english is not a first language), leaving out the "l33t Speak" or any net-based shortcuts. You don't need to be an English Phd with a masters in technical writing, but sometimes asking the question the right way can yield the most simple answer.

Until a moderator moves this to the Software forums, check to make sure that your sound card volume levels are not too low or muted. Also check to see if you have any device driver conflicts.

Futhermore, newer soundcards will NOT work with un-powered speakers. You will need amplified speakers or stereo headphones (from the headphone jack). Older soundcards used to put amplified sound to the audio-out jacks, but due to PCI power restrictions, the only amplified jack is the headphone (which is only slightly amplified anyway).

If you have amplified speakers make sure they are plugged in and are turned on and the volume is at an audible level. Check the signal cables from the sound card (or onboard sound) to the speakers are connected well and the wires are not damaged/worn.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for everything, and all of your windows updates have been installed.

If all of that is OK, then we can go to the next step to figure out whats wrong.
  • Yassinje
  • Yassinje

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to Uninstall the Sound card driver, and Install a new one of your sound card, if the problem is the same, try to verify you Codecs, probably you installed a bad codec and it will no works good!

Good Luck !
  • dj_holla
  • Born
  • Born
  • dj_holla

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey ahh my sound isnt working. i dnt know y but ive cheked the bak where the cord is plugged in. nothng wrong. ive checked all the settings and evrythng. it evn says dat there isnt a sound device detected. i have know idea aye...can sum1 help me....

Thanks
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

noclue wrote:
ok i need help..... can anyone help me out here.....

i am workin on a home comp and for some strange reason whenever i bring up my music player on my comp (windows media player) it will not play anything.... music, videos....... nothin...... i tried downloading a different program (winamp) and it played one song and then it wouldent play any videos or music afterwerds............. i have checked for viruses and i havent found any and im not really familure with how comps work etc. i only kow the basics...... can anyone give me some suggestions on why my music wont play or a suggestion on how to fix this really anoying problem........ someone help me plzzzzz i have been stuck without music for 3 weeks now...... im goin crazy hahahahah

Possible CODEC problem, trying to play unsupported file formats ....

Are you being provided with an error message or you just can't hear the music but it appears to be playing etc ?

dj_holla wrote:
hey ahh my sound isnt working. i dnt know y but ive cheked the bak where the cord is plugged in. nothng wrong. ive checked all the settings and evrythng. it evn says dat there isnt a sound device detected. i have know idea aye...can sum1 help me....

Thanks

Text highlighted in BOLD could be a give away :P
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

:bad-words:

-remember's his anger management- Woosaaah, woosaaah.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

dj_holla wrote:

Thanks

Translation: Hello fellow Ozzu patrons. The sound on my computer seems to be malfunctioning. I have already assured that all cables are firmly plugged into the proper slots and that all settings and volume levels are at appropriate levels. However, it seems that my computer does not register that a sound device has been installed. I am really at a loss. May I please have some assistance? Thank you.

Solution:
First: You might want to check “Device Manager” for any pieces of hardware that show up as unknown or have an exclamation point next to them. If device manager shows no problematic hardware then you must follow one of these two steps:

1.) If you have onboard sound, access your bios to ensure that all applicable devices for sound have been enabled, then reboot. Windows should now detect your sound device and ask you for drivers. At that point install your drivers, reboot, and then Bob’s your uncle.
2.) If you are using an additional PCI or ISA (shudder) sound card, ensure if it requires additional power, it has been supplied power thusly from the power supply. Also check to make sure that the card has been properly seated into the correct slot. If that works to no avail, try moving the card to another slot. Then when Window’s finds the device, install your drivers, and then Bob’s your uncle.
If the motherboard does not have any sound capabilities and you do not have a sound card installed, then please purchase one and install the card and drivers, and then Bob’s your uncle.

If you do have a sound card and none of these solutions work, your hardware is most likely defective. Please replace the hardware, install the drivers and then Bob’s your uncle.

If you have motherboard provided sound and you have enabled it, and it still doesn’t show up, before replacement, try to upgrade the BIOS version. If that still fails, replace the motherboard, or install a sound card, then install the drivers, and then Bob’s your uncle.

Capisce?
  • dj_holla
  • Born
  • Born
  • dj_holla

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea...i shall try those options now...thanks 4 the help uncle bob.
  • dj_holla
  • Born
  • Born
  • dj_holla

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh and sorry about the abreviations and shortcut words, i'll type properly. Thanks
  • krisna
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: bali

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with GT500Shlby. you must check your Control Panel-Device Manager and make sure your soundcard there. Re-install your soundcard driver and you can use sisoft sandra to check your hardware problem.

BTW, what is your operating system? and what soundcard do you have?
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your using an ISA card, I suggest you find a cliff and jump off it ... alternativly buy a new sound card.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Enigmatic wrote:
If your using an ISA card, I suggest you find a cliff and jump off it ... alternativly buy a new sound card.

I agree with Enigmatic. If your computer still has an ISA port, sell it to a museum and newegg a new one.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I just made newegg a verb. Maybe I should get 2 free 6800Ultra's for that!
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

GT500Shlby wrote:
Yes, I just made newegg a verb. Maybe I should get 2 free 6800Ultra's for that!

Or maybe you should be taken outside and severely beaten with a large stick ... :P
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey! My parents used to do that.... Errr uuhh I mean I heard of peoples parents doing that to children. Yeah. :-D
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

GT500Shlby wrote:
Hey! My parents used to do that.... Errr uuhh I mean I heard of peoples parents doing that to children. Yeah. :-D

:wink:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts