Need AGP Network Card

• SethJale
  • Born
  • Born
  • SethJale
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an old Compaq Presario CDS 633, 66mhz...
it had a Realtek RTL8019 PnP LAN network, but it doesn't work now that I have Windows 98 installed on it.
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find an AGP ethernet network card that would be compatible with Windows 98. I've been looking eveyrwhere but all I can ever find is AGP Graphic cards.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks the updates for your drivers here for that card :

http://www.pcdrivers.com/network.htm

Realtek RTL8019(AS)
Version
VER 2.00
File Name
win9598-8019(200).zip / win9598-8019(200).zip / nt4-8019(200).zip / xp-8019(na).zip
File Size
20KB / 60KB / 37KB / 55KB
Description
Realtek Communications Network ICs.
Ethernet NIC (10M)
Win2000/Win XP Driver
Windows 95 driver 2.00
Windows 98 driver 2.00
Windows NT 4.0 driver

Download
win9598-8019(200).zip (for Win95) / win9598-8019(200).zip (for Win98) / nt4-8019(200).zip (for WinNT4) / xp-8019(na).zip (for Win2000/XP)

Homepage
http://www.realtek.com.tw/htm/download/ ... munication
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is such a thing as an AGP NIC? That would be a first that I have ever heard of that. Are you sure you don't mean ISA?
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lots of people that are not fimiliar with PCI and AGP get the terms confused,I see it all the time ,common ...
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was going to post the first reply asking him if he really meant AGP but I did not want to look like a tit if there are such products.

If there are I bet it would be cheaper getting a new PC becuse they product is so rare.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Such a product would be as useful as a beer bottle opener bolted directly to the mainboard. Within the 10/100 scope - I sincerely doubt that the PCI slot would be enough of a bottle neck to warrant designing hardware to work with an architecture that it wasn't designed for.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Such a product might be useful, but considering AGP means "Advanced Graphics Port", I don't think it has much ability for networking :)
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

That and the fact that the voltage in an AGP port differs greatly from that of a PCI port, that would have to be one darn efficient nic.

Now PCI Express is a different story... Just haven't seen much for it.
  • RSMEDUDE
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know I am a little late here but, If it is an ISA network card (Black Slot on Mother Board) I could probably hook this dude up. I have a box full of them sitting around I am sure that atleast one of them will work with WIN 98. probobly best bet would be the 2com EtherLink cards that i have floating around the house.

I will watch the post, so drop a line back if the parts are still needed. We can discus details then!

Along these lines does anyone think I could get a buck or two on ebay for these things just to get rid of them?

Never mind I guess I can't really
Look Here: http://search.ebay.com/ISA-Network-Card ... QQfromZR40
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

*Tear Runs Down Cheek* oooh, the nostalgia! I remember when I was a wee laddie, long before the days we had PCI.
Oh those were the days... Oh, and all those Alpha processors. I wish I had an alpha right now, just to make me feel young again.

Anyway, yeah dude throw them up on ebay. I'm sure someone will buy em. Or build a bunch of 486's and link them together and make a Doom I network. That would so 0wn, and people would ph34r it. :twisted:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts