Need help about modem please fast

• gase
  • gase

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I have installed a WinXP on my friends PC. Before that he had Win98. So i have installed all the drivers so now i need to install the modem drivers. In add hardware it doesn't show ant modem. But it showed that it needs drivers for PCI Simple Communications Controller. So i search the internet and find out that that is the modem. So open his computer and find out that the modem is CONEXANT RS 56/SP-PCI R6793-11. So i found them on net and all of them were for win98 and find some for XP so I install them but nothing happen. I did some setup in Phone and Modem settings. And nothing again. So i uninstall all the drivers for modem and restart the computer. After restarting add new hardwear shown up saying that modem have bee found. But this time a Conexant SoftK56 Data, Fax PCI modem. So i don't know who to belive my eyes or my friends com :) So if anyone can explain me how to know who is the real one modem and how to install it.

p.s. How to make the computer to shut down by himself not 'Now it is safe to turn...'

Thanks A LOT
thanks and regards
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

More than likely once XP recognized the hardware it is reporting the correct name
http://www.modem-drivers.com/drivers/82/82627.htm
That is the driver for that card.
  • gase
  • gase

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks but on the link you have give me have a relink :http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=82627
and there is written that are drivers for: SoftK56 Data Fax Voice Speakerphone PCI Modem. Is it the same.
And another thing after I install the drivers how to configure the modem ? (I know how to make a dial-up but I don't know how to configure it in phone and modem settings).
Thanks again
  • gase
  • gase

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i have download it and nothing ! I have run HXFSetup.exe and nothing happened. What should i do ?
Please anyone i have been trying this to solve for more than 3 days
Help me

;(
  • gase
  • gase

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i went to my friend and uninstall all the drivers. So I restart the computer and now the computer dont even register the modem :(((. please help i realy dont know what to do anymore

thanks and regards
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

To answer your second question, you can't make the computer turn off by itself - only certain types of computers can do that, and if your friends computer says it is safe to turn it off, it isn't new enough to do it itself.

Your modem problem - I have had so many problems installing drivers for things I can't even begin to count. If you have removed all of the drivers for the modem you should just be able to reinstall them. And if the found new hardware wizard comes up, you need to tell it that you have a disk and find your .inf file (The problem is I have no idea where this may be - different companies make their installers put them in different places.) If nothing works, try installing the drivers in safe mode (press f8 while booting).
  • gase
  • gase

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the shut down. Hmmm very interesting but it was shuting down by itself in win 98.

And for the modem : I will if i had new what modem it is ?!? So open his computer and find out that the modem is CONEXANT RS 56/SP-PCI R6793-11. So after deinstaling that driver cous it doesnt work the modem the add new hardwear show that the modem is Conexant SoftK56 Data, Fax PCI modem. So i try them and nothing so i uninstall them. And now there is no add new hardwear and not even a modem in device menager.
  • gase
  • gase

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I made it ! \o/
So now I will write what I have done so others can do it too( it worked with conextan modems ).
So after having problems for days to install drivers for modem I have come to solution.
On http://www.conexant.com/support/md_driverdownload.jsp there is something called List Modem Application for PC.zip. So you download it and start it. So it will show what modem do you have and what drivers do you have to download. There is also a nice explanation in 3 pdf. scripts on the same link.
So after knowing what modem I have, I download the right drivers. But in Device manager my modem wasn't showing up. But there was an ' ! ' for unknown device: PCI Simple Communications Controller (this was the modem), so double click on it and make it that this device is modem. And now this PCI Simple Communications Controller will become a modem device.
So after that you can install the modem drivers with no problems.

Thanks to all and I hope this will help someone
regards

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts