Need help on Laptop

• hoangxom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys
I own a Toshiba Salellite A10 (dont know which model) :oops: with the following system info: Proccesor Intel Pentium 4, 2.20 GHz ; 512 RAM; 60GB of harddisk. And I`m thinking of buying a new one with the following: Toshiba Satellite L25-SP139; Proccesor Intel Celeron M 380, 1.6GHz; 512 RAM; 60GB of harddisk. As to the type of Proccesor, which one is better? Is it worth buying the new one? Is the new one better than the one I already have? Please help me, I really need this.
Thanks a million.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The new one is a Celeron (which is Intels budget Proc) and it is slower. Typically when people buy new stuff it is usually better and faster. To me it looks like your going down instead of up. If you go with the slower processor I would beef up the RAM to at least a gig and get a bigger hard drive to so at least it looks like your upgrading.
  • hoangxom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, if that means I'm going down istead of upgrading, I will not buy it, then. My doubt was because I didn't know the difference between Pentium and Celeron.
Thanks very much for your explanation.
  • wirercx
  • wirercx

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, I very much agree with grinch, it does look as though you are downgrading instead of upgrading. If you are going to buy the one that you listed second, I would suggest that you stay with your old one... that's just my thought.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts