Need your suggestion!

• chris878758
  • Born
  • Born
  • chris878758

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to format my C:drive several days ago, actually, I didn’t want to do this. My dell pc have been affected due to the virus, and after formatted the disk, my important word files have gone too. I never aware that the lost files can be recovered by a data recovery software until a friend of mine said it to me. I googled with “data recovery”, so many softwares were found: EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard, easy recovery , active, undeleted. I don’t know which is the best one to buy, I don’t have too much money. Somebody recommend EASEUS, I have gone to his website, maybe it is a cost-effective one. Is there any more suggestion before I purchase EASEUS’s.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't buy any of them. You formatted the drive and chances are you those programs won't help.

I would have removed the HD from the PC and connected to another PC using an external USB HD enclosure. Then you could have retrieved the files.
  • Atrus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Atrus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya... once you format a drive, it's clean. The data is lost.

If you dont have a backup, there's not much you can do.

Sorry for the bad news.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Atrus wrote:
Ya... once you format a drive, it's clean. The data is lost.

If you dont have a backup, there's not much you can do.

Sorry for the bad news.

No it isn't. There are companies that make a lot of money providing this service and there are several applications you can purchase that can do this. I have absolutely no experience in these applications so I cannot recommend any. But the thought of not being able to recover data from a formatted drive is completely untrue. Check out this Google Search Result
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Let's say that there are companies providing that service. I bet that they aren't using any of that software that was returned in that google search. They are using machines that cost a few thousand dollars, connecting the drive to them and connecting the machine to a server.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
Let's say that there are companies providing that service. I bet that they aren't using any of that software that was returned in that google search. They are using machines that cost a few thousand dollars, connecting the drive to them and connecting the machine to a server.

True, but I pet some of the companies return in the search do have that technology.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Data Recovery is a big business, just do a search on data recovery and you will see them. Ever heard of computer forensics? They basically do the same thing. Are they using the software in the google search? I doubt it but that doesn't mean those programs don't work. I read a few articles related to this today and it is quite possible for the average Joe to recover data from a formatted drive. I don't think I would trust any freeware application but you never know.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts