Needing some help to set up a GPRS modem

• Roostbuster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Durban

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there everyone,

I've got a 'TWIST Dual band GSM modem made by FalCom", I've managed to set up the modem with no problems at all.However,I'm clueless as how to operate the modem from there.

Does anyone know how to create a new GPRS connection from there?Can you just set up a connecion like a normal modem or will you have to make use of the AT commands to work with it?
Then if indeed you have to make use of the AT commands,where do we type these in...the command console?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as we are trying to set this up to get an application running.All the websites I have seen so far just tell you how to install and from there I cant find much more info on how to use the modem.

Once i gain more insight then maybe I can continue gettint this work out of the way...
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have a GSM provider?
Have you entered your pin into the software?
To do this, double click the icon in the task bar and it will ask you for it.
NOTE: If you enter the wrong pin 3 times, it will deactivate the sim card and it can only be reactivated by your provider.

Have you set up the GSM Communicator software?
Once you have that setup, all you need to do is select a function from the menu (voice call, SMS, internet, etc) to perform whatever task you need to perform.

In case you don't have it, here is a link to their online manual: http://www.falcom.de/pub/MANUALS/falcom_twist_eng.pdf

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts