network cable

• Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

what type of network cable do I need to plug from a DSL to a Wireless-G router?

ty
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

regular ethernet
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im sorry , but could you specify the type?
I went to the store and I saw different types of ethernet cables(or at least I think) like CAT-5, crossover....etc... Im not familiar with all this networking stuff

ty
  • 5k1LLz
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 5k1LLz

Post 3+ Months Ago

cAT5 NOT crossover cable those are for lanning computers with no router or internet.

CAT5
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

your dsl modem should have come with some cat5 cable. i dont see why you should have to go buy some
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

well I try it but, it gave me a error, something about the cable... by the way does the color matter?

cause the DSL moderm have a yellow cable and the router came with a blue cable
  • bigcheeez
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bigcheeez

Post 3+ Months Ago

Color does not matter. Either of those cables should work properly. Can you describe your setup in more detail? What type of error are you getting?
  • 5k1LLz
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • 5k1LLz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your sig makes us think that you know your *plum* and your posts so are you kidding us?
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Your sig makes us think that you know your *plum* and your posts so are you kidding us?

5k1llz, if you are not gonna help the reserve your comments, this forum was created to help people, and I happen to need help.

Bigcheeez Im gonna post a screenshot of it, it might help better than words. ty
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok here is the screenshot

what you think it is?

thank you
  • bigcheeez
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bigcheeez

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try both cables. Make sure your network adapter is set to receive an ip address through DHCP. Reset your router to factory defaults by pressing the tiny reset button (I think its on the back of the router.) Plug your pc into any of the four numbered ports in the back of the router.

Don't use the router's setup cd, and disable any firewalls on your pc. Click start, run, and type cmd. Then type ipconfig, and you should receive an ip address something like 192.168.1.100. If you don't then type ipconfig /renew.

Your DSL modem should plug into the WAN or Internet port on the back of the router. Power cycle (reboot) the modem, router, and pc. When everything comes back up, if all link lights are green, you should be able to connect to the internet.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i had this same error with a similar model [the father model wrt54g]

what i did was reboot, do everything again, but i did not enable wireless encryption and i went on my way all happy and such. afterwards, i went into router and enabled it. i know it seems like theres no connection between the two things, but it worked for me. you may wanna try it.

btw, nice wallpaper, where did you find it? did you create it. if so nice job!
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you guys... I found out what the problem was.. there was no cable problem at all, the problem was that I forgot to type the username and password of the DSL moderm in the Wireless router configuration *doug* lol.....

Quote:
btw, nice wallpaper, where did you find it? did you create it. if so nice job!

4ss_monkey I wish I could have such skills as the guy that made this wallpaper... Im no where near him....by the way i found this wallpaper in here
http://www.wincustomize.com/Skins.aspx?LibID=8&u=0
they have some pretty good wallpapers in there
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

5k1LLz wrote:

5k1llz: This is a broad community spanning many areas of expertise. No one person here is an expert in every field. Even experts need help sometimes too. Having a lot of posts doesn't neccesarily make you any smarter than the person with little posts. I may be an expert in some fields, but say in SEO or graphic design, or even web design - I'm clueless. I would say most of the people here came to Ozzu looking for help on a particular matter and ended up becomming seriously addicted. We offer help at no cost, and don't ask for anything in return. However we like when people come to one area looking for help and at the same time while waiting for an answer, browse through the posts and offer help to other people (even experts and moderators) in areas that they do know well. Hence why the board encompasses so many areas.

If you read through a post and base a persons knowledge or intelligence solely based on the number of posts they have, then you are missing out on some sound advice. I've seen posts where a person joins Ozzu and his/her first post is an answer to someones problem and it hits the nail right on the head. [/b]

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts