New Computer won't load OS

• ultra_jest
  • Born
  • Born
  • ultra_jest

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently built a new computer for purposes of oil cooling, but I first thought I would test the components in a normal computer case. Good thing I did becasue after I installed windows XP from a CD, the computer restarted, as it should, but came up with a "Boot Disk error." I checked my connections and they are all fine, the HDD is set as my primary boot device, but every time the computer starts up I get a "Boot disk error, press ctrl, alt, del to restart." I wanted to try erassing the XP partition and installing it again, however now the computer won;t even boot from the XP CD, even when set to do so and the HDD is not set as a boot device, it still comes up with a "Boot disk read error." I can;t see anything wrong with my BIOS settings, though I may have missed something, and what I want to know is, is my Hard Drive just defective? It was brand new so I'd like to know so I could return it, and if not what else could this be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you format the HD to NTFS at the beginning if the install? Set the BIOS to defaults and try it again.
  • webdev08
  • webdev08

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried checking your CD player and the winxp cd itself? Check if the drive is still detected, even its cables, or if still reads and function normally. Otherwise, you should troubleshoot each hardware one at a time especially the memory. Normally it is the memory that gives unusual errors during installation.
  • lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

your computer is not loading the windows file so due to this windows has been corrupt so you need to repair the windows or reinstalled the windows.

make the CD ROM first boot device and the hard disk is the secondary boot device
insert the cd into the cd rom and reinstalled the windows.
after installing the windows .
make the hard disk as the first boot device and the cd rom as the secondary boot device
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

lindsay wrote:
your computer is not loading the windows file so due to this windows has been corrupt so you need to repair the windows or reinstalled the windows.

make the CD ROM first boot device and the hard disk is the secondary boot device
insert the cd into the cd rom and reinstalled the windows.
after installing the windows .
make the hard disk as the first boot device and the cd rom as the secondary boot device

Do you even read the posts or do you just make posts based off assumptions? He has already stated that he cannot boot from the CD and his hard drive is not being recognized. This is a hardware issue not a corrupt Windows installation.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts