New motherboard/processor/ram issue.

• hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15
  • Loc: Antioch, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just bought a new XFX 680i LT SLi motherboard, Intel Q6600 processor, and OCZ 4 gigs (6400.) All I did was replace these 3 parts with my older parts and I'm haveing just one problem. I cannot get my network device working. I have Windows XP x64 and I'm installing the x64 drivers. I've tried the x32 drivers too, but same results. Will I need to reformat my my computer to get this to work, or is there another way?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should be able to install the correct driver and that should be the end of it. Is the NIC separate or part of the mother board? Did a driver CD come with the mother board?

Don't reformat.
  • hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15
  • Loc: Antioch, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing that I forgot to mention is when I got the new parts, I just swapped them with the old parts. I'm thinking that this is the issue.

Also: the NIC is part of the motherboard and the cd that I'm using is the one that came from the motherboard. I've tried the website of the motherboard for the driver and that too didnt fix it.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Netgear has a PCI network card for $16 at Staples. It might solve all your problems.
  • jackforbes
  • Born
  • Born
  • jackforbes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ever hear a strange noise coming from your computer.Maybe it sounds like a plane about to take off.That's the sound of a fan that needs to be cleaned.You may notice that your computer case has holes in the front and side.These holes allow air to pass through the case.Usually air is pulled from the front of the case over the hard drive past the motherboard and out the back of the case. Usually there are two fans that accomplish this.One fan is usually mounted on the back of the case and the other is in the power supply.Like wise you need to upgrade your system's RAM to make it smooth,fast and cleanmemory offers you just that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts