new motherboard

• Kap-Vu
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Indianapolis, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

what's everyone's opinion on the new motherboard out by asus...

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

just curious what everyone thinks of it.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

One word - Jealous
  • Kap-Vu
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahaha yeah i know.. it seems like it has a lot of new features that i like about it compare to the a8n-sli premium, but like any new board, i'm weary of it being new. Usually new boards have complications and stuff.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Had a look at the board on the Asus Global website, it looks really nice. Packed with features similar to the Premium.

Personally I don't see you having a problem with the board as it is not completely new. It's still part of the A8N series which had a few hitches with the Deluxe but these were sorted in the Premium [ which I currently use and love to bits ] so it just keeps getting better.

The only thing I have against the A8N32 is its 2 PCI slot placements between the PCI-E slots. If your running SLI your not going to be left with alot of room to access these. Everything else looks pretty good.

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3 ... odelmenu=1
  • Kap-Vu
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

now i'm not sure of which board to get. should i pay a bit more to get the a8n32-sli or go with the cheaper a8n-sli premium?

on a side note...

what memory do you recommend for the a8n-sli premium?
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only advantage I see of having the A8N32-SLI is that it has true SLI capabilities 16x per slot rather than 8x per slot with the Premium. Personally though this does not bother me as I`m not running SLI, I just love the feature it has [ such as passive cooling and all the Asus goodies it comes bundled with ].

If your into heavy gaming then the A8N32 will most probably be an advantage, otherwise you may aswell go for the Premium.

I`m currently running Corsair TwinX with the Premium in dual channel mode. Runs a char with no errors. It's not the most expensive out there, but when it comes to performance/price ... I can not fault it.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductI ... ctID=71473

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts