Form Factor DIMM 184-pin
Bandwidth 2.6 Volts
Supply Voltage
Module Configuration
Data Integrity Check
Features Unbuffered
CAS Latency

CL 2-3-3-6*

* * Modules rated CL2.5-3-3-6 on AMD-based systems.

Memory Speed 400 MHz ( PC3200 )
Expansion / Connectivity
Compatible Slots 1 x memory - DIMM 184-pin

Is this dual channel? And will it work on my Asus A8N-E mobo?

Forgot to add this is an OCZ ram
  • Dangles
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Dangles
  • Loc: Brooklyn Transplanted into NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your motherboard will support that memory.

Dual channel refers to a way the motherboard routes information to the memory when there is more then one stick of it in in the mobo. If you are putting two of these in your mobo then it will run in dual channel, just check the mobo book in case you need to have them in certain slots for the dual channel to work.

Hope this helps
Dangles
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would look into lower latency memory. 2-2-2-5 latency works the best and since its older PC3200 DDR, it shouldn't be that much more expensive (it at all).
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys, I would get lower latency memory but I already placed an order yesterday lol...and plus I just want normal ram...I aint gonnah over clock it or anything. Just using it to play bf2 and run photoshop. But, just to be sure revisoion 3 is better than revision 2 right for ocz ram?

If this is true then i gained alot! Cause they were selling revision 2 ocz ram at 256mb for 128 bucks and 512 revision 3 at 111 bucks. I bought 2 sticks of the 512mb at 111 bucks, I checked whether they still listed the ram, but they took it away from their website :D!
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

The lower the latency memory is for non-overclocking. I'm somewhat OCD and need perfect matches for everything. I also have this fascination for ultra low latency. It makes me happy.
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

And poorer :P
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

No just spent my money on a 2007 Subaru WRX Limited 5spd manual, Black with beige leather, Sirius sattelite radio, auto-dimming rearview with compass and home link, turbo boost gauge. And I have a garmin C330 I hard-wired into it as well as my 110w strobes, Wheelen falcon LED light and a Galls siren.

Wheee!
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG I almost had a heart attack with all those expensive words of yours...god I know cars are the poster for "coolness" today, but god that is overkill. You must be VERY cool :D CAn I have 1k now :P

Anyways thanks a lot for your help, but yet again I encountered another prob. I installed my ram today and hit cs:S, yes i saw an im provement (30fps increase infact :P). But I thought that 1gb of ram with a x700 pro would allow me to play with textures on high on a resolution of 1024 x768. I dont put AA or AF on. But when I do put textures on high...I get frozen by my comp. I knwo this is gfx card related casue my friend has a 9700 64mb card and he can play on the same reso with everything on high. I thought the 1 gig would help.
Any kind of help would be kind :D

Nigel
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

a 9700 won't handle CS:S. You'd need at least a 6800GT 128 or 256mb of ram.

Car is awesome - had a 2006 but I got hit by an uninsured driver. I pretty much got this car for free. Nimrod that hit me lost his car, job and house. He has a nice 8' x 8' cell though.
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel sad for that nimrod :(. But hah what an ass to be driving like he did. My sis had a similar incident to you. She had a crusty toyota that would of prob sold for max 3k, but she got hit by an old couple who ran a red light. Lucky she didnt get hurt, but she still got 6k for that incident lol! And she bought a new toyota with spare change to boot rofl.

Neways so a x700 pro with 128mb gddr3 memory wont be able to handle source on high textures?

Weird though (I'm so not lying) I have another friend who runs source on my reso with all med setting on a 9250 128ddr pro and get 40 fps consistantly! & he only has 512 of ram with a 2500+ xp. Makes me feel like jumping off a clift, although that wouldnt resolve my pc probs :lol:
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

OpenGL or DirectX?
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure how to check it in cs...not like in 1.6.

Do you think this graphic card is good....thinking of getting this http://www.c1com.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=8143

This has no VGA output, but my screen only has a VGA socket. How do I go about solving this. Change the cable?
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

DVI to VGA adapter. $5 in any decent store.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts