New PC

• rdat
  • Born
  • Born
  • rdat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im currently shopping for a new pc, and was wondering if u guys had any tips i dont want to spend more than 800-850 dollars. I do alot of gaming so i need somethin with a lot of power for not much $. Ive checked alot of sites for gaming computers and they charge too much for not that much stuff example= alienware. thans
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Processor: AMD Athlon 64-bit 3500(939 pin)(2000mhz FSB)
RAM: 1gig
Motherboard: Anything with SATA built in
Hard Drive: SATA 120gb
Optical Drives: DVD+/-RW; DVD-ROM
X-Blade Case

TOTAL: Approx: 750-850

This is what i will be ordering in the next few weeks. Except i will have dual SATA 120's, 2gigs of ram, and dual DVD+/-RW, and a Zip 750. I will also have a motherboard that supports SLI technology. I will be getting a SLI Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra OC. (this means dual 6800's) This comp will kick ass for a few years. The total cost of what i will be getting will be around 4500. I will be able to get it down to around 2000 tho(got a friend who works for a computer company and he can get everything at cost for the company) :lol:

poly
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

alienware make people pay a lot just becasuse it has a fancy case.

looks like poly got a good deal, thats gonna be a nice PC.

If you cant get a good deal you could think about building one your self, it works out a lot cheaper and you can build it exactly how you want.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, i've found building them myself to be quite a bit cheaper then any you could buy. but the specs above ^ should suit any needs you'd have. but you'd also need a video card.. i'd recommend ati's x700 or x800.. although those would kill ur price range. however, you could check ebay.. thats where i got my 9600 and it still works.. gets pretty good fps in CS:Source and will run HL2 on medium overall settings..

although a vid card that uses PCI Express would be beneficial / pimp b/c its replacing agp AND is getting better :)
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

you could buy a Asus nForce 4 Sli board, buy a Geforce 6600GT now and then upgrade with another one later when you have more money. That would be a kick ass rig for gaming and still be affordable.
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

you could go to http://www.TigerDirect.com , there they have some nice gaming machines, plus computer parts, thats the cheapest computer parts website that I have fouind, also it comes with a lot of rebates, expecially around this season when holidays arrive.

I was gonna buy my computer in here until my parents gave me a surprice, and bought me one, and what a surprise that was ( from a $1000 computer that I wanted to buy in this site they bought me a $2800 computer in a BestBuy store, its a pretty good PC, hope it last a long time, :D )
anyways I hope this site helps you, and good luck
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, tigerdirect has good prices. as does http://www.newegg.com and http://www.computergate.com
computergate has better prices on like network cables and such.. not too sure about pc parts. but newegg has low prices on basically everything, lol.
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm, try http://www.overclockers.co.uk they ship to europe and america, there prices are really good as well and they have a huge variety of stock.[/u]

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts