New XFX 4890 graphic card running too hot?

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys.. What is the normal temperature for this 4890 XFX card? I just bought this card and im using the Catalyst Control panel and Everest to monitor temperatures.. Usually on idle its around 60-65C and after playing some games i immediately check the temperature and its usually around 70-75C.. Is that normal?

I ask this because i also bought a casing CM690 and well, The casing is not in an ideal position.. I have a small compartment for my PC below my table and its a little short in width so theres hardly any space for airflow from the sides or the back of the casing.. There's space on the top though and ill be adding fans on the top of the casing soon..

So are those temperatures normal? Should i be worrying?

And my last question is, Is there any software which can like make a log of the temperature of the Graphics card and like make a graph or something to show me the temperatures? I want to monitor the temperatures while im playing games so i'd like to see maybe a graph of the temperature after ive played my game to see what was the maximum temperature which my card raeched while gaming..

Thanks in advance
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh and i dont overclock anything if that makes any difference..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts