nVdia geforce mx 440 ,8x ,64 mb-AGP Card +dual view problem

• samsung
  • samsung

Post 3+ Months Ago

nVdia geforce mx 440 ,8x ,64 mb-AGP Card

Vcon cruiser 150 video conferencing equipment.

Samsung 21 " TV.

Dual view enabled ,Primary is PC with agp card and TV is secondary

I can drag documents,pictures,etc in to the TV ,but when i try to drag Vcon with video image to the TV ,it doesn't happen.

I would like to make video conferencing on TV and data entry on PC.

Kindly help
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Without being home to mess with my nvidia setups, I would have to say try these two things first:

1.) Upgrade your nVidia drivers to the absolute latest drivers available that works with your card from the nVidia website.

2.) See if you video conferencing software requires some sort of special driver to work with the dualview setup.

When I get home from work I will play around to see what settings may be pertinent to help you.
  • samsung
  • samsung

Post 3+ Months Ago

thks for the reply. i will try updating the drivers.I tried in xp ,but the software hangs.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

GT500Shlby wrote:
Without being home to mess with my nvidia setups, I would have to say try these two things first:

1.) Upgrade your nVidia drivers to the absolute latest drivers available that works with your card from the nVidia website.

2.) See if you video conferencing software requires some sort of special driver to work with the dualview setup.

When I get home from work I will play around to see what settings may be pertinent to help you.

I disagree. With video software and dual view, videos only tend to work with the primary. This is for copyright reasons nVidia says. I have had that problem trying to watch Counter-Strike movies on my TV. If you set the TV to primary, it will only work on the TV.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use two monitors and not a television so I won't know. TV's have sucky resolution.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dual monitors are different, it acts as 2 monitors being used as one large one. With the monitor and a TV, it treats it as 2 different monitors. The dual monitor treats both monitors the same.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

wait a sec, I wa stuck in a hotel for 6 motnhs last year in Norristown PA and I had my own computer using 1 monitor and a TV on S-Video. I would put DVD's on it, MPEG movies, had the Webcam video on it, etc...
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

A year ago, think of all of the driver differences.
  • samsung
  • samsung

Post 3+ Months Ago

i tried updating the drivers ,but still the problem persists.

If i use a viavideo conference unit of polycom on the same setup it works well.

I tried setting the Tv as primary and it works,but the problem is that Vcon opens on the TV,but when i open other computer programs it opens on the TV ,and i need to drag ot back to the computer.

I tried some settings wherein u have some options of opening progams on display 1 ,ie comp,but wheni restart the settings change again.

i think it's a problem with vcon cruiser .

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts