Voting Chart

Total votes : 7

nVidia or ATi?

  •  
    nVidia
  •  
    ATi

nVidia vs ATi

  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw AMD vs Intel - thought "hey, why not this?"

I chose nVidia - I am a gamer, I play competitivly and i need the best graphics and best performance to make my gameplay even better. nVidia is so much further ahead of ATi - ATi is just falling back it seems.


Thoughts?
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Performance between Nvidia and ATi cards are currently deadlocked (if you forget about the newly released Nvidia 7800 GTX because ATi hasn't released their new core yet). The cards leap frog over each other on a game by game basis and you wouldn't notice a difference between a GeForce 6800 Ultra or a Radeon X850 XT PE in most cases.

Benchmark for FarCry:

Image
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

nVidia All the way.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, nVidia has better GRAPHICS - ATi concentrates on performance. If you set your performance on nVidia to HI - it will be better than the ATi performance.
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

blink182av wrote:
well, nVidia has better GRAPHICS - ATi concentrates on performance. If you set your performance on nVidia to HI - it will be better than the ATi performance.


Actually, it's always been ATi that's been known as the leader in image quality. You couldn't tell the difference between a game rendered by an ATi card and a game rendered by a Nvidia card anyway.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, i have read SOOO many review with x800 xtpe vs 6800 ultra 256 -- most reviews agree that the 6800 ultra has better image quality.
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take a look at this screenshot. It's from FarCry. Can you see a difference? Which is better? Why?

http://img100.echo.cx/img100/4920/image ... son1af.jpg
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

#1 -- You only compare it to ONE game
#2 -- Those are 2 different angles - look closely where the top of the aimer thing is...

in doom3 - nvidia wipes out ati - no question
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I disagree.

Quote:
Image quality is similar between both cards and, due to the dark nature of this game, you really can’t tell any difference between 2XAA on each card. In the screenshots above, you’ll see that 1600x1200 with 2XAA looks the same between both cards. There just simply isn’t enough contrast of dark objects put up against bright backgrounds where aliasing stands out in this game.


Article:
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzYwLDM=

Image:
http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image ... 80X2wuanBn
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

im not going to keep fighting like this - it is so childish - i have been punched in the testicles twice because of this. haha
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Posts: 774
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

hold a sec...lets see this here
Image

SLI ...doesent that mean 2 cards....??? so the first ati card that appears is almost as good as 2 of the top Nvidia cards....

Right ???
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Skirge wrote:
hold a sec...lets see this here
Image

SLI ...doesent that mean 2 cards....??? so the first ati card that appears is almost as good as 2 of the top Nvidia cards....

Right ???


That's correct. I personally believe that SLi is overrated because it only works in certain games and it's simply not a good value.
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

blink182av wrote:
im not going to keep fighting like this - it is so childish - i have been punched in the testicles twice because of this. haha


We're not fighting. We're having an educated argument. Nobody is throwing "low blows" or such. I love a good argument. That's what the internet is for! :D
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Posts: 774
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
We're not fighting. We're having an educated argument. Nobody is throwing "low blows" or such. I love a good argument. That's what the internet is for! :D


Soo there proves my point ATI is wayyy better and if u could put SLI on ATI then it would pwn Nvidia till they came out with a new card sooo....yah

and heres a low blow U SMELL oooooooo this!
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Skirge wrote:
Quote:
We're not fighting. We're having an educated argument. Nobody is throwing "low blows" or such. I love a good argument. That's what the internet is for! :D


Soo there proves my point ATI is wayyy better and if u could put SLI on ATI then it would pwn Nvidia till they came out with a new card sooo....yah

and heres a low blow U SMELL oooooooo this!


ATi is coming up with their own solution for dual videocards. It's called CrossFire. It seems a lot more versatile than SLi because you can use two different graphics cards.

Here's an article from [H]ard|OCP: http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Nzc4
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you obsessed with "[H]ard|OCP ???... lets not get offtopic - i just asked what you like better and why... that is enough TomK with the links. we get it. you like ATi
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

blink182av wrote:
are you obsessed with "[H]ard|OCP ???... lets not get offtopic - i just asked what you like better and why... that is enough TomK with the links. we get it. you like ATi


No, I'm not obsessed with HardOCP. It's my favourite website for computer-related stuff though. They have good benchmarks, insight, and opinions. I follow other computer websites as well but HardOCP has always been my favourite.

As for liking ATi more, I do not. In fact, I'm planning to purchase a Nvidia card for my new computer. Both ATi and Nvidia offer great cards and I believe they each hold certain edges over each other. I chose to go with the Nvidia because it offered the best performance in my price range (GeForce 6600 GT). However if I had more money available for my computer I would choose an ATi card (Radeon X800 XL).

The reason I provide links is to prove my statements. This forum seems to be overrun by opinions that are stated as facts. If you want to make a statement like "Nvidia is better than ATi" or vice versa, back it up with proof.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, if you look back in my first post - i said "Thoughts?" - i did not say argue with others stating facts backed up with links.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23455
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic locked for obvious reasons. Sorry.

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.