partitioning??

• jayle008
  • jayle008

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, ,there?! i want to ask how to partition my hard drive. It has 110GB. Actually, it has 150GB but i used 38.4GB for my Win XP. i want to install the opensolaris OS to another drive. Could my hard drive is enough to partition? How can i do it? Is there any software i need to use to partition my hard drive?

i hope u could help me. tnx :D
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't need any special software. The OpenSolaris installer itself should allow you to partition the drive before installing, but be careful - one wrong move and you might wipe out your existing Windows partition.

Specifically, within the installer, you should look for a "Manual partitioning" option and create a new partition in the free space of your hard disk.
  • fahim
  • Born
  • Born
  • fahim

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello............

anybody tell me how can i transfer one file system to another(fat32>>to ntfs) in windows/dos environment , without using any 3rd party software.

thanks
Fahim Mahamud
  • gamekiller
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gamekiller
  • Loc: above the chair

Post 3+ Months Ago

fahim wrote:
anybody tell me how can i transfer one file system to another(fat32>>to ntfs) in windows/dos environment , without using any 3rd party software.

cut then paste? I don't understand what are you writing. or do you mean by command line? your question is out of the topic.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

neither of these are "hardware" issues.

If youa re installing a second OS, make sure you backup any important data on your current OS.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts