HP Pavilion ze2315us - Can not read dvd's

• hiryux
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone, I'm hitting a pretty annoying issue with my laptop here, so I was wondering if you could give me some assistance or at least shed some light on what the problem might be...

I have an HP Pavilion ze2315us laptop which has the HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4028 dvd/cd rom combo drive.

Now when I put one of my old burned DVD's in it (a data dvd, just a bunch of miscellaneous stuff in it), most of the times it tries to read it but somehow it can't. I know that DVD channels are separate from CD channels, so CD-R's play fine in this. However, sometimes suddenly it CAN open DVD R-'s out of nowhere, it just takes a looooooong time to keep reading it... and most of the times it doesn't work at all.

Does that seem like a software issue, or a hardware issue? Internal dvdrom drives from HP are like $210 a pop so if there's anything else I can do software-related, please let me know!

I tried to look for the driver, but HP already has a different DVDROM driver for my computer model, which is VERY frustrating... I couldn't find the driver anywhere else, since the manufacturer doesn't have it on their website, stating that I should be able to find it on pc-manufacturing websites such as Dell or HP. On Dell, all I could find were manuals for how to use the drive (who needs that?) and on HP they simply don't have this model number anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post