Please Help!

• MBomberZ1
  • MBomberZ1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Allrighty so i have a new Asus A8N-SLI Delux motherboard, new AMD Athlong 64 3200+ chip and a new BFG tech 6800 GT in my computer, i just took out those 3 old components and intalled them and was on my way, every time the windows boot screen comes up it starts to load for a few sec and then i can see the blue screen of death flash and it restarts.

Is there anything maybe going wrong because i have to set something up so that my computer can use a 64 bit chip? cause i COULD get it to start in safe mode but the CD that came with the motherboard wont install, gives me like 3 errors when i try to run it, i got most of the "new" hardware installed manually but i would think i need something else off that CD to make my computer start normally.

Anyone else out there have any problems switching over from an Intel to an AMD 64 like this? im really at a loss on what to do, i dont see any special instructoins in the manual for either the chip or the board about switching to 64... sigh any help would be much appriciated, or ask any questions so i can help clarify. thanks a bunch

-Ryan =/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• MBomberZ1
  • MBomberZ1

Post 3+ Months Ago

What sucks now is that i put in the windows CD and repaird windows to see if that woudl help and now the only thing it seems to of done, turn my blue progress bar back to green so i guess its back to SP1? or something.. and now its not giving me the option to start up in safe mode anymore and it restarts after only a few seconds of loading instead of being allmost complete like before... meh.. not good.

ill try to keep posting more info as i think of it.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to reload Windows XP from scratch wnever you change that much hardware. Normally whenever changing the motherboard, its best to reload windows.
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

XP Pro does a pretty good job recovering from a motherboard replacement (I've had to do it several times on my roommates machine). Having said that, it is best to reload. Your system will run much faster, and if you went from a 32 bit to a 64 bit system it will have a lot of trouble updating itself for the new hardware.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts