Please help with My lan problem?

• chevellerocks
  • Born
  • Born
  • chevellerocks

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok so here is my problem, a few days ago i came home and it appeared that my network was down, I did all the normal things i could think of. Ran the network setup wizard, released and renewed my ip.. etc. At one point i realized that maybe my network wasnt the problem. So i unhooked everything and plugged directly into the modem, i tried a few different chords but nothing seems to work, when i renewed the ip i noticed that the computer was actually recognizing the gateway(this machine is freshly formatted) it told me the name of my provider but for some reason had no ability to load anything that required internet. does this sound like a problem with my isp or my onboard lan? i have tried these connections and chords with other computers and all of the others will work.
any help would be greatly appreciated as i have been going nuts trying to figure this out.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

hm
this is a tough one
i would say its a problem with your onboard lan
are the onboard lans drivers installed
i had this problem with a windows 2000 machine that my moms assistant had before they got their new one
did the machine work on the internet before it was formatted or has it been the same
it sounds like the onboard lan is messed up
try getting a friends pci lan card and plug it in and see if it works
  • chevellerocks
  • Born
  • Born
  • chevellerocks

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have tried another pci card and it still doesnt seem to work, though its hard to say whether or not the card adn the onboard were conflicting. the drivers are installed, i had hte machine running perfectly for a month, all of the sudden i came home and it wouldnt work. i formatted and it stil ldont work. any help i would appreciate, feel free to add me to your msn at fif_rox@msn.com if you can help\thanks
  • twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

It could be a sort of virus
check out symantecs site if you can
how are you gettin on the internet
other computer i guess huh
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can try reinstalling your TCP/IP stack and see if that does it. Go to a command prompt and type:

netsh int ip reset

Restart, and see what happens.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts