Printer Problems

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Canon PIXMA MX882 Wireless Network printer and I just recently started to have problems with it that I'm unable to figure out.

The settings/properties/preferences that I set for my printer are not being communicated to my printer. I just installed the driver for the printer that I found on the canon website for the MX880 series for Windows 7 x64 (I lost my CD for the printer :( ) and now I'm having problems with it.

My printer has a cassette to load the papers and a rear tray. I load papers in the cassette and set the preferences on my computer for the printer to load the paper from the cassette, but no matter... the printer is always looking for paper in the rear tray that doesn't have paper loaded in there.

It's not a huge problem since I can just load paper in the rear tray and work with the printer that way, but I like the clean look of the printer without any paper sticking out at the back.

Also, I'm printing a 150 page document right now and I set the preferences to print it all as gray-scale/grey-scale and my printer is still printing the document in color. I'm lucky that the color only exists on the first 2 pages and the rest is already gray-scale/grey-scale by default. Otherwise, I'd be running out of ink at a very fast rate. I have two black cartridges in there (One for paper and the other for photos which I hope it will use for this document) and the other three cartridges are Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get help here, or if anyone here knows of anything that could help me, I just want to get this thing fixed.

The printer is connected wirelessly through my router. Could that be the problem? I guess I should try and connect it through a USB and try it that way and see if that works... I'll try that and post back the results.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Out of everything in computer i hate printers the most. I baseball bat for each of them.

But i never had any good luck with wireless printers so USB would be suggested till the computer can detect the printer and understands it is there then attempt the wireless again.

check for new drivers and support forum.

Worse case strap a few bricks to the printer and throw it off a cliff :P
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The fact you are using wireless shouldn't matter. I have a wireless printer and it works like a champ.

I'm going to go with a driver issue so as Zealous stated check for updated drivers. Personally, I would completely uninstall the current drivers and uninstall the printer from device manager. Then reinstall everything.
  • IT-Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IT-Tech

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your Router is not the Problem, it would not have anything to do with Print Quality. Do you know the IP address of your printer? You should be able to extract this information from your Router. Type your printers IP address into a web browser to access printer via an http interface, this should be more user friendly. You can set default tray settings. I am not to sure about the Gray Scale issue, have updated your print drivers and printing software or are you using the versions provided by the manufactuerer?
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

7/10 with printers, blame the driver.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts