Problem Converting New Hard drive to primary hard drive

• Cherie70
  • Born
  • Born
  • Cherie70

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently installed a 250 GB Hard drive to replace a completely full 20 GB hard drive. I have a first generation AMD Athlon hard drive so I had to install a PCI SATA Controller Card before installing my new hard drive and installed the drivers. Once that was done, I copied my 20 GB hard drive on to my 250 GB hard drive. Once done I disconnected my 20 GB hard drive and tried to reboot from the new master hard drive. When I did this it said "Disk Boot Failure. If I cloned my old hard drive why is it my new 250 GB hard drive will not boot up. What did I do wrong. I check the 250 hard drive and all the files were cloned over, it will not boot up from the new drive. By the way, I still do have a slave 75GB that I use for my business. Would this be a problem?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try these steps to repair the master boot record:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_ins ... ps483.html
  • Wurn
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Cape Town

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not following you here... you said you copy'd your hardrive or OS system over to new 250gig one, and then you said you cloned it. Which is it then.

if you cloned it what program did you use to do so?

Yes once your operating system is working you can have up to 4 drives installed on your pc.

Cherie70 wrote:
I recently installed a 250 GB Hard drive to replace a completely full 20 GB hard drive. I have a first generation AMD Athlon hard drive so I had to install a PCI SATA Controller Card before installing my new hard drive and installed the drivers. Once that was done, I copied my 20 GB hard drive on to my 250 GB hard drive. Once done I disconnected my 20 GB hard drive and tried to reboot from the new master hard drive. When I did this it said "Disk Boot Failure. If I cloned my old hard drive why is it my new 250 GB hard drive will not boot up. What did I do wrong. I check the 250 hard drive and all the files were cloned over, it will not boot up from the new drive. By the way, I still do have a slave 75GB that I use for my business. Would this be a problem?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts