problem with dvd drive

• jackx
  • Born
  • Born
  • jackx

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

im having trouble with my dvd drive in my pc ..see it was workin fine a few days ago..but now when i try and play a dvd the video gets hanged at around the 30min mark and the movie then starts tobe very choppy and gets stuck !

on the other hand when i play dvds which have 3 movies in one only the first movie hangs a t the 30 min mark..but i don have a problem with the other 2 movies...whereas when i play a dvd that has only one movie the movie playes perfectly for the first 30minutes and then it gets stuck..and nothin can be done abt it !!! i dont know why this strange problem has occured..ive tried everything i sent my dvd drive for service and those guys said there wast anything wrong with and that it played fine in thir system..where as when i brought it home the same problem has occured...

can any one help me?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried the DVD in a different player? Could be the problem lies with the DVD instead of the hardware.
  • jackx
  • Born
  • Born
  • jackx

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes ive tried that and my dvds work perfectly .infact we removed our dvd drive and placed it in another cpu and it functioned perfectly where as when we replaced the dvd drive in our cpu there is a problem...my dvds do not play well and the video becomes choppy and plays in bits a

im desperate to know hy..even my service guys are at aloss to this
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

what spec is your PC? If it works fine in one PC but not the other sounds to me like its problem with your PC rather than the drive.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts