Problem with Netgear wireless router Mr814 V2

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys yesterday when i tried plugging my modem into my comp directly i didnt get a connection and when i shut it down and restarted it it worked but now my wireless router the Mr814v2 by netgear doesent work could someone help me configure it i cannot call the netgear company because every time they forward me to someone who can help me the lne is alway busy and my product is older than 90 days so i cannot get the support anyways I NEED HELP NOW!!!!!!!!

the computer i am on runs windows XP home and also my moms computer isnt working and hers is running windows 98 Second edition
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bigcheeez
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bigcheeez

Post 3+ Months Ago

Plug the cable from the modem into the "wan" port on the router. Then plug a cable from your computer into any of the four ports on the router. Then reboot all three devices at once.

At a command prompt type "ipconfig". The default gateway address is that of the router. If your ip address is in the range 169.254.x.x and there is no default gateway, then try resetting the router - there is normally a small button to depress.

Any pc plugged into the router must be set to DHCP, and the router by default is set up as a dhcp server.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts