problem with new computer

• wortho8
  • Student
  • Student
  • wortho8

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i built a new pc, connected everything as it should be connected, the green light on the motherboard is on when PSU is turned on, but when switching on the computer, the fan spins for a split second and then nothing at all comes out of it even though the green light still shows, This was the problem i had with the old motherboard and cpu i had, so a couple of days later i go out and buy another cpu and mobo. AMD 3700+ and the ASUS A8N premium. So i connected everything again all the cables where they should go and i have the same problem. Split second of power and then nothing. But i noticed that the cpu fan wasn't working so i tried connecting it to another fan connector and it works. So the cpu fan connector doesn't work. And for some strange reason this is what happened with the old motherboard :cry: :cry:

I'm not sure if its the psu but its a ultra x connect 500w and I'm fairly sure that its capable of powering the devices that i have. just to make sure here is a list of what the psu is powering:
cd rom
dvd drive
250 hdd
cooler master musketeer
ultra x fan controller
7800 gt

so im really really stuck in what to do next please if you have any ideas post them

thanks for your time :wink:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

To me; it sounds as if the PSU does not have enough power, or is fried. I would try unplugging the PSU and hitting the power button about 20 times really fast. Then plug it back in and hit the power button once.
  • wortho8
  • Student
  • Student
  • wortho8

Post 3+ Months Ago

iv just had a go at that and nothing still :( do you really think that the psu could be fried?
with the problems i had with the old cpu and mobo at first i did have the pc running for about 3 minutes or so, i think i was at the stage of setting up the bios and i needed to turn the pc off. that was the last time the psu was working.
i got the psu from overclockers.co.uk but that was about 2-3 weeks ago so i don't know if i would be able to replace it :?
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

i had the same problem let it sit for a couple minutes then turn it on and if it doesent work

make sure everything is securely plugged in....
Like the ram... my other comp did the same thing when the ram wasent fully in..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts