Problem with new power supply install.

• Theoneandonly
  • Student
  • Student
  • Theoneandonly

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have windows xp....I just installed a New Power Supply (350 watts) and DDR 512 RAM after i installed both of them and turned on my pc windows will boot just fine but as as soon as i get to the start up screen..windows will just hang and just sits there then on the bottom it says "Hit delete to enter setup"
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Theoneandonly, please use appropriate subjects. They should be descriptive of the problem or question.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you sure you dont have an XP setup cd in the cd rom? That message usually means its booting from an installation file. Also, make sure you put the new RAM stick into a slot thats empty, dont replace it with a stick that's currently in a slot. This sometimes has a bad effect on the o/s because it looks for stored files from the old stick that arent there anymore. If you need to remove a stick, just dont remove the first RAM slot stick, keep it there. Make sure all power connections to the hard drive, floppy and cds are secure. On boot up, check to see that the system is recognizing all of the hardware you have installed on your computer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts