Problem with powering on

• 0phidian
  • Born
  • Born
  • 0phidian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Recently i brought my PC to a friends for a little LAN event. Everything went fine until I got home and tried to turn it on. When i press the power switch the light turns green but nothing happens, but the weird thing is if I hold the power button till the light goes off and press it again it works fine. I don't think its a loose cable or anything, because it doesn't happen randomly. Every time the same thing happens, and it always boots the after i hold the switch and turn it on again.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

It still could be something loose or a hardware problem since you carried the machine from one place to another and back again. You have nothing to lose by checking the connections and looking inside the box. I would look at the video card and the cable to the monitor first. I've also seen a lose printer cable do strange things.
  • 0phidian
  • Born
  • Born
  • 0phidian

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked pretty much everything inside there, RAM, video card, CPU, all the CD drives + HDD's, and everything connected to the MOBO. Maybe I missed something, I don't know, I even took the front panel off and checked all the connections for the actual button. It's really starting to bother me, I don't even care about having to turn it on twice to make it boot, I just want to know why it's doing this >.< lol
  • craigy27
  • craigy27

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds rather strange the only thing i could think of would be maybe there was some sort of surge in the psu by when u whee unplugin it and its acting a bit strange or its a fault with the motherboard check the front panel conections on the motherboard
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your PSU has a switch on it, try toggling that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts