Problem with Toshiba satellite 1415-s150

• Biohazardlunch
  • Born
  • Born
  • Biohazardlunch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not exactley sure of all the specs on the computer but heres whats been going on. As far as i can see the computer is totally stock. When i boot it only gets as far as past the first Toshiba splash screen before it wont go any further. It just sits there with the cursor blinking in the upper left hand corner. When i put in the windows disc to Re-install it boots the disc and then says checking system hardware and then it just sits there at a blank screen. I went into the Bios and made sure it detected the HDD. I cant seem to figure out whats wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ynyfrik
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ynyfrik
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make sure you're putting in the cd labeled 1 and that the cd is not scratched . Have you waited at least 10 minutes to see if the blank screen changes? I have a 1415-s173 which is similar, I remember I had problems with the cd drive just locking up on the cd were the light on the side would just be on and not blink or anything, are you having the same problem?

Also can you tell me what led to your problem? and are you perhaps getting an error?
  • The_torst
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • The_torst
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like RAM problems to me! Any way you can change the sticks (temprarily, see if it fixes it) or check the RAM maybe?

Even though it finds the HDD, it might be messed up; have you tried putting it into another machine?
  • SmokeandLights
  • Born
  • Born
  • SmokeandLights

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have this problem. The complication is that it will read a DVD just fine, but not a CD(I've tried several, both DATA and audio). I just got this laptop as a gift from a friend, on condition that I wipe it's contents, but I can't get the restore disk to read. I tried burning a DVD of the restore disc, but it gives me the "check cable" error. I am tempted to download and use a data destroyer and start from scratch, but if this doesn't fix it, I'm worse off than when I started. Please help, I'm running out of Ideas!
ynyfrik wrote:
I have a 1415-s173 which is similar, I remember I had problems with the cd drive just locking up on the cd were the light on the side would just be on and not blink or anything, are you having the same problem?
  • SmokeandLights
  • Born
  • Born
  • SmokeandLights

Post 3+ Months Ago

A Quick update... I was able to get around the "check cable" error. I figured out that I screwed up when copying the restore discs to DVDs, and so they weren't bootable. Once I redid the copys, it was bootable, and I was able to reformat the machine. I am still facing the problem of not reading cd's. If I had to guess, I would say the drive is half dead, since there are no (legal) firmware updates for the drive (TEAC DW224E). If I put a CD in the drive, it acts as ynyfrik describes. If anyone knows of a fix, please let me know.
  • toshiba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • toshiba

Post 3+ Months Ago

the problem comes form battery, I think, it may be suffer from the decline of the Toshiba laptop battery, how long have you owned your laptop? i change a new laptop battery from a battery store, for i have a experience close to your description.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts