Processor support question.

• PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does the motherboard 975X Intel Chipset support a pentium 4 LGA 775 processor? I just want to make sure, because it says "Pentium" but not "Pentium 4". So No?
  • business opportunities
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • business opportunities
  • Loc: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

A quote from the website:

"Supports Intel® Core™2 Extreme processor, Intel® Core™2 Duo processor, Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition and Intel® Pentium® D processor to deliver higher performance for games and applications."

The Pentium processor Extreme Edition and Pentium D are both pentium 4 processors, so you should be ok.

And looking even farther down:

"Intel® Core™2 Extreme processor

Intel® Core™2 Duo processor

Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition

Intel® Pentium® D processor

Intel® Pentium® 4 processor

Intel® Pentium® 4 processor Extreme Edition supporting Hyper-Threading Technology "

So it would support the processor that you are looking for.
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay thanks, just wanted to make sure. I have like ADHD. :(
  • tweakboy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tweakboy
  • Loc: Glendale

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your good to go punkpuke, BTW what MHZ is the intel processor,

if its 3.0 or higher your good, But if its a old slow under 3ghz processor; You can take advantage of the motherboard and put in a dual core processor.

I don't see why or how peep rite now in 2006 wuld build a new pc or change parts and not go with dual core ,, GL ,, prices are very cheap now,

You can get a Pentium D dual core for 150, maybe less, @ 3ghz or 3.2ghz,

gl, buddz
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You can get a Pentium D dual core for 150, maybe less, @ 3ghz or 3.2ghz,

You can by a Core 2 Duo E6300 for less than that ... :?
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I'm back from vacation, sorry.

Anyway, my current mobo has 6 memory slots total (4 DDR1 Slots & 2 DDR2 slots), but I'm pretty sure you cannot use DDR1 & DDR2 at the same time and the problem is the DDR2 is only 600 speed supported on my board I think, and I want to buy some 800 sticks:

My current motherboard: P5GDC Deluxe

I want to buy these sticks...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820144028

Temporarily if I buy this RAM do you think it would work with my motherboard even though it won't be running as fast as it can?

Basically I need to buy some DDR2 RAM before I can buy a new Mobo, because I'm still running on DDR1 sticks.

Then when I get enough money I plan on buying a new mobo & if I have extra another processor. So nvm getting a new processor, that's the last thing on my mind right now.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

You board will accept the 800MHz sticks, but they will only run at 600MHz as that is the max your mobo can theoreticaly cope with.

For eample, my mobo only supportd up to 400MHz, but the RAM I have in is currently 466MHz, this is because I wanted extra room for overclocking.

So dont be put off by the fact your mobo only supports 600MHz, it will accept the 800MHZ.
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah 2 of my DDR1 sticks run at a whopping 500MHz, which was crazy when I bought em, they were way expensive and I was an idiot for buying them. But, I run them in this mobo @ 400. I thought it would be the same with the DDR2 but just checkin thanks.

I decided to buy other stuff and save some money. So I'm gonna buy new RAM, Mobo & maybe CPU at the same time later on. That way I get them at the same time and stuff.

Oh hey, another question... How good of a vid card can my mobo support. Can it use any top of the line PCI-e x16 card?
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

You mobo will accept any PCI-E card, but depending on if you go SLi or not will determin whether the port runs at x8 or x16. Most boards now though will allow two cards in SLi to both run at x16 though.
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

k thx

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts