Proper way to take the keys off a keyboard

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Logitach K800 Wireless Illuminated keyboard and someone used the computer while eating sunflower seeds, so now some of my keys barely works. When I look under the keys on my keyboard I see seed shells in there. I wonder to get some of the bottom keys off, tilt the keyboard down and use an air duster to get all the seed shells out of my keyboard. I don't want to break my keys though as the keyboard cost me $80.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i remember why i stopped buying keyboards like that i remember i went through $300 worth of keyboards in like 2 months due to death by coke and new sub, Logitech G15 at $100 each so now i have normal ones and they work fine.

But back to the topic why not just take the screws out the back of it and take the cover off give it a shake and put it back then you don't have to touch the keys.

not sure mate never used that one but most keys pop off with a knife and most of them are not attached just clipped in.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
someone

Read: "I".

I haven't encountered a keyboard in years that was anything other than clip in. You can just use a knife of some sort or a screwdriver and pop them out real easy.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol

i know but sometimes you get a pain in the arse clip or even weak clips that is fragile which i think is what he was worried about. Old style boards you can throw them off a bridge and still work.

oh well if it breaks just hock up a cheap one temp
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:
Quote:
someone

Read: "I".

You mean I said "someone" when it actually was me? lol no, it actually was either my dad or my friend who frequently uses my PC so I don't know which so that's why I said someone. I have braces (I HATE them) and with those braces I have turbos (The metal things behind the front upper teeth) which prevent my mouth from closing all the way (so the top teeth wont break the bottom braces when I close my mouth). So eating seeds would be literally impossible as they are too small for me to bite into... maybe swallow them whole after opening the seed, but then I don't taste the seed :(

Anyway, thanks... I guess I'll just pop them off and get the seeds out... I just don't want to break anything as it's a good $80 keyboard (or was $80... now it's $100 in Best Buy :shock: ) that has lasted for over a year or so... definitely over a year. I'm pretty careful eating around my technology... I just get a little edgy when other peoples eat around my technology.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts