quad sli

• psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you belive it?
but on a more serious note...is this really necessary? do you think they're overdoing it just a little bit right now? im trying to keep an open mind about how computer and technology are limitless... but 5 terabytes?! how much better can the quality actually get?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

is this what youre talking about? if so, its not 5 terabytes. far from it. technically, if people could get it working its 2 gigabytes of video ram. However, no-one has been able to get it running ad have the computer recognize all four gpus, only three. This is overkill, but if you have the money and are willing to work with buggy drivers, go for it.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Add the following mobo to that and you have a truely bizzare system on your hands:

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=180
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

OO i didnt know that it wasnt well known yet. http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_quadsli.html
that was what i was talking about...is this just a prototype?
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gigabyte are producing that board already, it is hard to come by though seeing as alot of people don't need that much power.

Having four GPU's in one machine doesn't leave alot of room for other expansion cards. I can see motherboard form factors having to be redesigned or a new form factore brought out altogether to accomdate this new Quad SLi jargon.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

They built it with a Dell? What were they thinking? I would have went with something like Falcon Northwest or Voodoo PC instead of friggin Dell.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

and that dell comes with a factory oc of 4.26 ghz. with a freaking huge copper heatsink [third pic down, that huge green thing? underneath is the heatsink.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dell could put a flux capacitor on the mobo and send me whizzing off to the future and I still wouldn't buy it.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

rofl
i too share your anti-dell sentiment
  • javascriptman221
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh man. Get me one of those mobos. I don't want the Dell, just the mobo that you can have Quad-SLI with. :D
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i must admit tho...the power in that thing makes me look at dell with hope...theres 1 pc i would definatley not care what name brand it is...such raw power ugh!
can u imagine the heat that thing must generate lol i could probably prepare a thanksgiving meal on the video cards lol
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think all thats actually been cooked on a computer is an egg.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dell has impressed me. A project I am working on at work is using Dell Precision 380's. The case is very nice, they are equipped with 2GB's of RAM, 4 hard drives in RAID 5 (around 230GB), nVidia PCI-e card (not sure of the model) and an Audigy 2 sound card. I forgot to check proc speed but I know it is an Intel so I am assuming around the 3GHz mark. They also came with 2 beautiful 20 inch LCD's. Very impressive. The only think I do not like is their use of plastic inside the case. Makes it look cheap.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

the heat shrouds...yeah they do make a comp look cheap. but they are relatively efficient

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts