Question about my laptop

• mccurley0006
  • Born
  • Born
  • mccurley0006

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wrote about my laptop in another post http://www.ozzu.com/hardware/please-help-problem-with-laptop-t76190.html
and ran into another question today.

So the computer goes in slow motion but today I was trying to get it to shut down and it was going so slow I decided to just hold down the power button and let it restart. Well after holding down the power button for 4-5 seconds the computer went into totally normal speed. The video that was playing on my webpage was going totally perfect and everything. This has not happened since before the water incident in August. The problem is the computer then will turn off (because thats what its supposed to do) so I cant keep it going at normal speed.

My question is, does anyone know what could be causing this problem? I know the water had something to do with it, since it worked fine up until then and after that works like crud, but I was wondering if it was something I could fix. I have tried holding down other buttons to see if they would give me the same speed, but no luck.

Any suggestions would be great! THANKS!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

That sure is strange. Off the top of my head, something reduced the output of the power supply, maybe the button itself but I don't have any idea why pressing it again would stop the reduction.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts