radeon driver issue

• risingsun
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

im running on a radeon 7000 ve, and i cant put a driver on, im running on software. if i do put the driver on, i cant play movies and CS doesnt work. does anyone know of any fixes or issues that might cause/fix this. im on xp pro sp2.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get the driver clear program from ATi, that will remove all of the drivers for the card, then reboot and and have windows re-detect it. Then add in the latest drivers or try a slightly older version of the drivers.

-or-

try these drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net/
  • risingsun
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

the was the first driver i had installed, and the same thing happened with the omega drivers.
  • UnWanted0
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

um... i no that im not helping any but....what on earth do you plan n doing with a radeon 7000VE? :lol: sry just wanna know....

one more thing....SP2 has a LOT of problems with the newer 3d Graphics card drivers. or whatever you throw in your AGP/PCI-e Port, its gunna have a few problems before you get it to work. try using an older driver. like i said SP2 Clashes with the newer drivers. (ATI & nVidia)
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Radeon 9700 Pro on XP SP2 and 2003 server SP1 and have had no problems utilizing ATi's drivers. Not quite sure where you are getting your data from.
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

the ATI 7000's were insanely buggy, I would be willing to bet most of the problem is with the hardware itself.
  • risingsun
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

all right i figured it was the card and i bought it because i am one poor ass mofo. it was like 30 bucks a tigher so thats why i got it. guess i just better buy a new card.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts