RAW hard drive

• caavs714
  • Born
  • Born
  • caavs714

Post 3+ Months Ago

New to this forum so be kind. 1 of my Dimm died and computer shut down. I have 4 Dimm so through process of elimination I found and removed the bad one. Now my main hard drive isn't recognized by computer and my sl drive shows up as raw. When I connect either via external drive to different computer they both show up as RAW. I can't fix MBR because main drive not recognized. Both drives have info I would like to retrieve. Is this possible or am I dead in water?
  • IT-Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • IT-Tech

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your not dead in the water, How do you know about MBR? your Filesystem is gone, you were probably running NTFS. the Data is recoverable. I suggest trying to boot into a LIVE CD first. exracting the data you want, then run a HDD test, Format, re-install Operating Ststem. if the Live CD dosent work, get another internal HDD, install Operating System, Install "ZAR" Zero Assumption Recovery" (<--great pricing), you will also need a SATA docking station or IDE to USB adapter to plug your old harddrive into your PC to read the data. Simple Enough, ive done this hundreds of times for end users!!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i remember i used a program for deep recovery of files after a format and i think it was called icare. i was able to recover most of the data in a few hours, only issue was all the good files where renamed so after a lot of renaming i got my stuff back tho.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts