Recover data from hard drive not recognized

• zillah
  • Student
  • Student
  • zillah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Experts

My one year old laptop Asus after updating its ultimate windows 7 OS and restarting it , a blue death screen appeared,,,tried copule of restarting same error message.

Then tried : Safe Mode ,,,,,tried : last good configuration,,,,,,,,,,nothing work.

Removed the hard drive which is Segate 500 GB from Asus laptop and connected via USB cable to my desktop,,,the error message that was presented : You need to format the disk before using it.

Tried that on another laptop (Dell) same error message : You need to format the disk before using it.

External hard drive is not showing in the computer management means it is not recognized as an external storage therefore I won't be able to use any third party program to recover the files before formatting it

What should I do to recover the files and data from my Asus hard drive before formatting it ?

Regards
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gmulak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tustin, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

One last thing you might do is use a live distro of Linux and see if it can read it. Use the Linux distro and plug the drive in as a secondary drive. See if it can be read, not using USB but the SATA interface cable.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts